Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am stuck out on a job site and have the D light flashing at me. Car runs but it will not accelerate properly and in reverse it kicks or almost stalls. I don't work on my car my self. I really need to pin point this problem but if I cant drive into town I cant read a code. After that deep water puddle it worked fine the next 2 days. Then, one foggy morning it started blinking and a lot of Trany fluid is on the dirt. I have a 3 hour drive back home on i-40 and do not want to take it to a shop around here. Under the car I saw a lot of buildup and wet trany fluid around the small hose on the driver side, most likely where its leaking. I'm pretty much in the dark here. I looked at the D light thread and it helps me if I worked on my own car or had the time to. I don't. Im on a job site. any quick fixes or ideas are needed please.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
There is no quick fix for this unfortunately. You need to get the code pulled before you or anyone else can make an assessment. Just based off of what you've mentioned, my first guess is low tranny fluid. Mine has done it on occasion in the past, but stopped once I replaced the ATF.

There's multiple reasons the shift indicator would blink, most of which are accompanied by a CEL.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. I found a hose under the front end of the car on the driver side had a missing clamp. it may have rattled off driving over cattle guards. the trany fluid was coming directly out of the hose. I put a new clamp on it and the D light has not been flashing and the fluid is staying in the trany. Id post a pic but I don't have a URL to it. Car runs strong. That clamp must have been loose for some time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.