Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I had quick question for you all regarding a header purchase. Don't worry, Im not asking which specific brand performs or sounds better, or anything very opinionated, and I HAVE used the search function:

My base 5speed is straight piped (resonator delete and muffler is a shitty straight through can) and its causing hearing damage, super loud droning making me deaf. I bought a Tanabe touring medallion used online and was underneath my car about to install it, but the mid pipe, cat, and header are all rusted together, and I won't be able to salvage anything to attach my 'new' exhaust to.

THEREFORE I need to buy a new header! A race header would be nice because of the gains, but I don't want the excessive noise and going deaf again.

I'm wondering if anyone has had the experience to daily drive an rsx with a RH and can tell me if its a significant problem towards hearing like my current exhaust setup. :pray:

Thank you all

·
Registered
49 Posts
I daily on a DC Race Header and full Greddy Exhaust, not loud at all until I lay on the gas. I could see a race-header being louder because you’re straight piped with really no muffler or resonator, so if I were you I’d say get the race header for the gains, and then fix that straight-piped mess over to an actual exhaust set up. You can search all over for exhaust systems with a “deep tone”, I personally think this type of sound is better and isn’t as rice and raspy like Honda’s are know for. I love my exhaust set up though, I can barely hear it just driving around but I’m serious,the second I floor it all hell breaks loose throughout my exhaust lol

·
Registered
818 Posts
Have you considered just getting a resonator and ridding yourself of the drone? They tend to work pretty well...

Regardless, I think you should get the race header just for the gains. There's always a way to quiet things down if it's too much for you. Don't bother with a shorty as the RSX already has one from the factory.
For future reference, PB blaster or a torch and impact tools will make dismantling a rusty exhaust a piece of cake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts