Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Birds attacked my car last week. I was driving on the highway under an over pass and I heard some light thuds on the top of my car, I didn't think anything of it till I got out of my car and Saw 8-10 bird shit drops in a row starting from the top of my car down to my spoiler. I waited too long before taking it off. And I can still see the outline of the droppings on my car especially on my spoiler. I've tried using everything I had to clean it off. Any suggestions before I resort to gasoline.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
did it etch into the clearcoat?
or is it still just on the surface. (fingers crossed)

if it did, then you got trouble.

if not, wash the area - then use a clay bar, as suggested above. It is the best thing for taking off surface contaminents.

**gasoline causes me to shudder**

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like I got trouble!!! The clay didn't work. Let me try to explain what i see. It looks like a water stain. the cloudy remains. It's very hard to see you have to look at it in an angle and in the light, but once you see it you can't miss it. You can't feel it all. I don't know what to do :(((((((((((((

HELP IS there anything I can do????????????

·
OG Member
21,422 Posts
have you tried washing your car with dish washer soap? this removes the old wax that may be protecting the bird crap...thus exposing the paint to all the elements....you could use the clay bar then...see if it penetrates anything.....then wax it up to seal the car's paint....if that doesnt work....you might have to get it buffed at a detail shop :(

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
Give it "The Works!"

1 - wash with liquid Dawn to get rid of your old wax etc.
2 - wash with a good car wash to clean more specifically for car grime, and to get rid of any Dawn on there
3 - dry off the car
4 - use a clay bar, make sure you follow the directions
5 - user a surface prep agent like Zaino Z-1 or Meguiars Deep Crystal Step 1 Cleaner.
6 - Polish (and wax if you aren't using Zaino)

I don't think bird poop can get etch in that quickly.
If it did, you will probably have to sand it and polish it up... but that work is best left to the professionals, since sanding can ruin the finish in the hands of a novice.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
One word of caution - to all about bird crap.

Sometimes it may contain small fragments of rocks - sand etc . . soem birds do consume them to aid digestion - then crap them out.
be careful when wiping off bird crap in the first place - do it with lots of liquid if you want to be sure not to damage the paint. soak it - then dab it up - try not to rub till you have most of it off.

Now, as for your particular problem - Im going to assume you dont have Zaino on the car - .......

Wash the affected area - or the whole car if you want to start over again - with Liquid Dawn Dishwashing soap - the blue stuff. This will remove any wax on the car.
then try the claybar again.
if that fails - try a white vinegar water mix - 50/50 start, and you can go right up to 100 % vinegar if you want. then wash again to remove that.

if stains are not gone - then you have bigger problems and have to consider several options -

ignore it

try to cover it up with a good swirl hiding product

try to remove it with one of the really really fine liquid swirl removers out there - 3M has a series - so do other brands - keep this in mind - abrasives will affect your clearcoat - use with great caution.

go to a pro -

good luck

check out www.goodspeedmotoring.com for other ideas too

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the same problem with my XC90 VOLVO....dam birds .....im anal about my car....can someone tell me what a clay stick is ????????. i got this bird dropping today and i have tryed every wax and cleaner but i can still see the outline of the %$&*%$*&%$ bird dropping..thanks Jimbo.....

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
I actually had a call 2 days ago from someone that had filed a BIRD POOP CLAIM.......I was like WTF?!?! then I read it and I guess she was gone on a trip and the poop stayed on the car for like a week in the heat and caused some damage. still sounds pretty funny though.

"Hi I'd like to file a claim, bird pooped on my car"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.