Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
dude..wheres my car
Joined
·
16,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yeah i washed my rsx the other day...so i know this is common but i was just wondering about everyone else...how bad is the damage from everyday driving on ur bumper and hood? like u know the lil debris on the freeway and stuff u get lil pits here and there. i noticed on my rsx that the front bumper is no longer smooth...it's rather rough now and the paint is still there no scratches but many pits...but yeah thats all right i plan on getting a body kit soon...so how is the condition of ur bumpers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,754 Posts
i have one pit on the front lip and one pit on the front driver's side of my hood :jigglemad
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
Chips, chips, and more chips (on black too)! I commute 5 days a week... round trip 40 miles on freeway everyday... My car isn't even a year old yet and there's chips, chips, and more chips... o well, shit happens. :dontknow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,685 Posts
I commute, 80 mile round trip. Chips all over the place in front:( its fine though, in a year or two I'm getting a pearl paint job done. Was thinking Blue-Black-Silver.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,121 Posts
It sucks, mine is chipped up in the front also. Nothing you can really do about it though, get it repainted sometime heh
 

·
Swingline!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joined
·
108,768 Posts
get it repainted or get one of those bras.. im sure they help, but they are not the most stylish things out there..

mine sucks too.. try road debris plus ROAD SALT from winter..

not good
 

·
Dude, where's my car?
Joined
·
2,278 Posts
kryzeofkrayzie said:
Chips, chips, and more chips (on black too)! I commute 5 days a week... round trip 40 miles on freeway everyday... My car isn't even a year old yet and there's chips, chips, and more chips... o well, shit happens. :dontknow:
Same here and it sucks real bad. Right now I'm contemplating whether I should get a cf hood and aftermarket bumper while I have the car and then in 2 or 3 years when I will get rid of the car I can put the stock stuff back on. That way there will be less wear and tear on the stock stuff than if I had it on the car all along and will get somewhat better resale. What do you guys think??
 

·
Auto-x whore
Joined
·
5,326 Posts
Ive got a couple of small chips in the front of my car. I got a pretty good one right after I got my oem spoiler. The main problem right now during this time of year are bugs. Here is a picture of a bug I picked up last weekend. It takes forever to get all of the bugs off of the front of my car after a trip. It sucks.
 

·
Swingline!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joined
·
108,768 Posts
Shibby said:
Same here and it sucks real bad. Right now I'm contemplating whether I should get a cf hood and aftermarket bumper while I have the car and then in 2 or 3 years when I will get rid of the car I can put the stock stuff back on. That way there will be less wear and tear on the stock stuff than if I had it on the car all along and will get somewhat better resale. What do you guys think??
probably would help with resale... but your talking about 750-1000 for the cf hood front bumper painted option..

probably would help down the road.. trade in or sale..
 

·
Auto-x whore
Joined
·
5,326 Posts
I dont know about all carbon fiber hoods, but the ones that I have seen in person have hood latchs. So you undo the hood pins first, then pop the hood.
 

·
Dude, where's my car?
Joined
·
2,278 Posts
bulgingtwine said:
probably would help with resale... but your talking about 750-1000 for the cf hood front bumper painted option..

probably would help down the road.. trade in or sale..
Yea, I realize it would be that much for an initial investment but I would also sell the items once I trade-in or sell down the road. I'm real anxiuos to do someting about the hood because I have one chip on the front edge of it and the paint is actually starting to web :(
 

·
Swingline!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joined
·
108,768 Posts
Shibby said:
Yea, I realize it would be that much for an initial investment but I would also sell the items once I trade-in or sell down the road. I'm real anxiuos to do someting about the hood because I have one chip on the front edge of it and the paint is actually starting to web :(
ahh, that sucks.. yeah, i somehow got a chip right on the front edge of the hood too.. rather deep as well.. maybe ill get some spare paint fromt he dealer see what happens..

i guess getting it biffed out wouldnt hurt either.. probably would help quite a bit..

but nice cars really are not meant for us northerners.. roads and weather suck too bad:(
 

·
Name's Vic
Joined
·
14,753 Posts
i have a lot of those on my front bumper hood and driver door all the way on the bottom of the door i have no idea how this happened
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,754 Posts
arjayness said:
so is it safe to have a CF hood? or can people access ur engine easier with the CF hood?
it would be easier to access your engine if the cf hood didn't come with a latch like my cf hood on my old car. though, i put one of those push switches under my hood connected to my alarm for some protection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,754 Posts
I'll just say that TC Spoiler is one of the bad brands. I had one on my old Talon. Their fitment sucks, the underside is unfinished, and the edges are rough. It was the same with my friends CF hood on his Celica and he was sponsored by TC.

 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top