Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lights I have listed have been staying on in my rsx when I start it up , so I was wondering if anyone could help me diagnose this weird problem I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
02 Rsx Base converted to manual k24a2
1,313 Posts
The first thing that came to mind is your combination switch that controls the headlights, park lights. It's possible it shorted out.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The first thing that came to mind is your combination switch that controls the headlights, park lights. It's possible it shorted out.
That would seem logical but the combo switch receives power directly from the battery (fused, of course). The lights would be on constantantly if the switch was stuck closed.

2dev, just to confirm... Do the lights turn on and off with the ignition even though you have them off at the stalk? Is the car stock, or did someone 'modify' it?
If you want to try a test...With the ignition on, pull the tail light relay out (under hood fuse panel). The lights should turn off. Post the results.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Short to ground or power somewhere depending on how the system switches are set up. . You will need to look at the schematics for the lighting circuits and test it with a DVOM, or take it to a shop and have them find it for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts