Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Maldito Goldo
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help, any of you detailers know how can i fix this bad scuff on the dashboard? should i just dab in some matching paint? or is there anything else i can do?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
not really man, you can try some touch up paint, but since its looks like you have a tan dash, just swap with a fresh black one.

·
Maldito Goldo
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scratch through, its pretty bad. my dumbass put the end of a hand truck on it and it was rubbing on it. i might have to do what ******** said and get the closest matching paint and dab/rub in it i guess.

·
Maldito Goldo
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mini blow torch from radio shack. blend it . i'm no plastic pro. it's a car , not a truck!
ok mini blow torch to it but then what, heat up the scruff and use my fingers to try to smooth it out?

·
CHEAP TRACKDAYS WANTED
1,120 Posts
ok, my experience with scuff marks interior plastic. i used a mini torch for a line scratch on my old toyota matrix door panel, just enough heat lays down the micro plastic fibers back into the panel. don't torch your plastic, just go over lightly and you will see the scuff disappear into the plastic. TOO MUCH HEAT IN ONE SPOT causes a shiny spot to appear. and if you stay to long in one spot, you will melt down the texture. kind of like a spray painter motion, back and forth , sand da floor, paint da fence,

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
NO NO NO. Clean it really well to remove armour all and such. You can try to match it with dye made by SEM. Available at most parts stores. The tan is close. Just couple very light coats and you will never know it was there. Just make sure its above 70deg or it wont work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts