Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that alot of you guys like the dawn soap for washing cars but I wasn't sure about one thing...is the dawn soap used to remove the wax on the car or just clean it (in other words do you use dawn every time you wash or only when you are putting new wax on the car..if so is Z-1 a car wash/shampoo)...o yea and is it safe to use dawn with the sealent that is on the car from the factory? (there is a sealent right?) Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind I guess it does remove wax but when you wash your car do you use dawn everytime?

·
Beantown is comin Cali
1,939 Posts
stop what your doin!!!

only use dawn to get wax off your car to start fresh. DO NOT wash your car with dawn ever unless you want to take the wax off. get some soap that is mafe for your car, like zaino or anthing in the store that says car wash.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, I wasn't using it yet don't worry, just making sure. Thanks...by the way which is Zaino's car wash Z-?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not only does it remove wax, Dawn or any other dishwashing detergent that removes grease wll remove the vital oils from your cars paint.

·
broken.
965 Posts
xxxgftrues said:
LOL, I wasn't using it yet don't worry, just making sure. Thanks...by the way which is Zaino's car wash Z-?
try zainobros.com

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if it removes vital oils from the paint :eek: why do you guys use it?

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
Oils from the wax. It strips the wax.
The paint itself is protected by the clearcoat.
Considering the options of paint cleaners, dish soap is probably the mildest solution.

The reason why you do it is that it's a cheap and effective stripper when you want to change from a carnauba wax to a polymer sealant. You don't want wax underneath.

You use it only when you want to remove carnauba waxes from your paint. Not as a regular wash, use a proper car wash for your regular washings. Dish soap won't remove synthetics like Zaino, Klasse or Blackfire.

Zaino wash is Z-7

1 - 8 of 8 Posts