Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Past Driver’s Ed
559 Posts
LOL. Forgot about how much fun it was to work on the rear motor mount. Glad the outcome was positive. After the break in period you'll see the amount of vibration drop. Turning the rpm up just a little will help as well. Now that you saved your money by using inserts, spend that money you have left over towards a reflash or better yet a custom tune. It will be the most noticeable improvement you can make. You can easily tell by the butt dyno. Note: don't worry about changing out the OEM injectors and throttle body. It's amazing how much power you can make with the OEM ones. Happy cruising.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
559 Posts
By the way. There is some stuff you can purchase over the counter that you can spray on a rusty surface and it will stop the rusting process (it's not Rust-Oleum primer paint). It sprays on clear and as it cures the rust turns black. Final step is to spray a couple layers of top coat. For best results, first remove as much rust scale as you can with a hand wire brush or with a power wire wheel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
By the way. There is some stuff you can purchase over the counter that you can spray on a rusty surface and it will stop the rusting process (it's not Rust-Oleum primer paint). It sprays on clear and as it cures the rust turns black. Final step is to spray a couple layers of top coat. For best results, first remove as much rust scale as you can with a hand wire brush or with a power wire wheel.
Thanks for the advice Ill definitely get a tune but and after I get either KPro or Ktuner (Not sure which is better for my platform). I also plan on restoring the car completely (rust free), I don't know the brand of coating you're talking about but I do know what it is, Its a rust neutralizer or something along that line, it chemically bonds to the rust preventing it from spreading, Once I have a shop or access to a lift it will definitely be done, Likely in the winter when I'm not driving it.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
559 Posts
Kpro or Ktuner, not necessarily an easy decision. Both are good products. If you plan to eventually get a custom tune you should first research who is a good tuner near your area and ask them which unit they feel more comfortable working with. If you don’t have a good tuner near you then find a good tuner on the web and see if they perform etunes. Yes etunes work very well as long as you have a top notch tuner. If you have a 02-04 RSX-S, Kpro V4 is cost effective. Not the same for a 05-06 model which drives a lot of drivers to select Ktuner.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have an 03, and I'm fortunate enough to have some really great local tuning shops around comfortable with both platforms, Cost isn't a factor when I decide, the way I see it If one platform is better than the other in terms of pure capability Id rather go with that and only pay once, regardless of the cost or pain in the ass it's going to be to install or make work.

To any else that comes across this, any insight into why one platform would be better than the other regardless of cost or labor would be appreciated. In any case, as I said above, I believe in buying whatever the better option would be and paying once rather than not being happy with my choice and having spent all money. Whichever one I go with I plan on fully learning the program, so I'm not sure if the ease to learn the software of either one plays a part in why one is better than the other.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The second page of this thread is talking more about System management then the headers it was originally created for, So I made a new thread to discuss this specifically just so this thread stays only about headers and fitment for people only interested in that. Anyone who comes across this that wants to chime in on which system they prefer and why here's the link.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Another update:

So here's an update of what I think after the break-in period (roughly 1400km). So let's start with the header, after some fun driving this weekend its great almost no complaints, sounds great, looks good and fits well. Now before I put the ESMM in it would hit on the sway bar in reverse, Now it doesn't hit in reverse but I've noticed it'll hit slightly when launching hard or taking hard left turns, so to combat this I just favored the sway bar slightly to the passenger side and It's now perfect. Now for my ESMM review after the break-in, they're also great, greatly reduced engine movement and almost no vibration If you had proper idle (I'm not sure whether to go with Kpro or Ktuner so my idle is still trash). I decided to fix my AC so people who use it can get an idea of the vibration and honestly It not much worse, Yes it will vibrate more but not significantly at least not in my case and is only be noticeable when idling.

Everything I said is specific to me, maybe you'll have no vibration or maybe it'll be more noticeable than in my case. Either way, if you plan on running RH I definitely recommended using some sort of mount weather it be ESMM, poly mounts or solid, regardless all of them will result in some vibration and you just have to choose where you feel money is best spent and what works best for your application.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts