Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Header

They have the race header out and what a price but they dont say anything about in DC's web site. Either that or I can find anything.

Has anyone got any info about it.

Just got off the phone with them and they said has not been released and they have no date yet. Time to call DC..

·
New car again...
5,092 Posts
$341 for it?? :confused:

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
imo, it looks like shit compared to even the Jackson header let alone the comptech header

peace out
HARDCORE mikey

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
My sentiments exactly...this a 180 degree turn from their B series headers :shakehead . And that price better right since it looks so dahm ugly.

·
Korican
874 Posts
HardcoreRsxS said:
imo, it looks like shit compared to even the Jackson header let alone the comptech header
peace out
HARDCORE mikey
Yep, looks like crap.

·
Honda4Ever
7,580 Posts
Um, who cares what it looks like? Doesn't function outweigh asthetics in this case since the header is kind of out of sight?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK.. So why the hell are we so interested in what a header that you cant even see in our cars looks like. Guys listen to your selves. it could have gay rainbow colors on it (no offence) as long as does it job right. Take a closer look at the header it also says it might not be the picture of the actual product. And if DC doesn't even have the picture of the header on there site how the hell did they get it.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
I would not put that piece of shit on my car if they gave it to me. DC Sports is poop

·
Registered
92 Posts
first off i agree power outweighs looks but has anyone shoped with www.optauto.com before? a good portion of their pics arent the right item if you look at exhausts and the like they use the same pics for different series and things. there site sucks and there quality sucks too i have purchased 2 things from them in the past and both came to me looking crappy and/or broken. the price is low but you get what you pay for

·
baby buffett
13,383 Posts
gotta see results before I can say anything, plus isnt this header the one that cracks?

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Everything else from DC Sports cracks, and I am sure that this will too.

I have been messing around with Hondas for about 8 years now, and I can honestly say that I have never been impressed with anything that DC Sports has made.

·
Asian dude
3,145 Posts
Guess we'll just wait another couple of years for their race header to come out. Worse comes to worse, i'll get that shit rewelded myself. As long as the power gain is there and the price is fair, then that would be great. Also, I hope they made it to clear for an aftermarket sway. This shit sucks with all the rattling and banging. Obviously, you would want to design something that would clear a part that COULD be MODIFIED such as the front sway.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Has anyone done a search to see if anyone else has them advertised? I also have been into "The Import Scene" for about 10 years now and I havent heard bad things about there products. What kind of problems have there headers had and have you actually experience the problems first hand or did you hear it on the grape vine.

·
Registered
389 Posts
SleeperRSX ,
for someone who claims to have been in the scene for so long I'm surprised you know nothing of DC's quality. I myself had a ceramic 4-2-1 header on my '00 Accord. The welds cracked in two different places after about a year.

The same problems have occurred with several other people who have purchased their products. Although they may seem relatively cheap, you get crap quality.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really dont like that word claim.. Claiming what, you make sound like I'm lying about my age. Shit I wish I was only into this sport a couple of years. I feel like an old fart when I go out to the hangouts and to the track. Back when I got into import racing a QM time of 15's was mind blowing from a 4 Cyl import. I started off with two CRX's ( at different times ) both with ceramic headers and I never had any problems with them this was back in 1995 and in 1997. I had about 5 close friends that aslo had the same kind of header on variaus different cars. Accord's, Civic's, and a couple more CRX's. I will tell you that I havent bought a DC in about 4 years but I have a friend thats had his stainless stell header for 3 years and hes had no problems. Probably the reason I havent heard anything about them is that I dont know anyone resently thats bought there header. I never thought it was becuase of a bad product, I just thought there competition was coming out with a better product.

Well I quess will all have to wait even after they come out, for dyno and really good pictures close ups even of the header and the welds on it.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,162 Posts
SaCH-420 said:
plus isnt this header the one that cracks?
The cracking was limited to the first run of DC ceramics. I've had no problems with mine,. it's been in for 1 1/2 yrs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
im on 14 monts and still going strong

1 - 20 of 79 Posts