Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well i just had a dc race header installed on my car a couple of days ago, along with ESMM... thing is, i had a reputable guy install it on my car... PALMERBLOCK... i bought the header used, so it didnt have that 'hanger' used to weld onto the car... so my problem is, when i take off first and coast the rpm up to about 4000-4500, sounds like i can hear a loud metal on metal contact... it actually sounds like if u take 2 long bolts and just hit n rub em together... anyone know what it can be ?? the noise can not be heard when the car is started up on a cold day or just on idle.... just when i take the rpm up to about 4K in any gear at 50% throttle or higher, it would happen... thanks for reading, any input would be very appreciated... thanks

-dan

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
Hanger.......weld........what?

That hanger is called a flange, and all it does is hold the header in place, and if you dont have some serious mounts for your car, then that flange will rip off and leave a nice size hole in your header

I wouldnt worry about it

·
FS: K20A2 Head (C Sig)
2,096 Posts
On Travanx car he had this horrible rattling sound. We suspected it was a heatshield but I proceded to install his supercharger. After that I did the motormounts and in removing the stock cat (he has a shorty header) to make more room, I noticed a loose piece of metal inside the header. As it turns out the seperating flange inside his comptech shorty header was broken. If you can't figure it out maybe it's something like that, something completely random and unobvious. I found it with pure luck.

Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts