Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was just wandering...I know some exhausts sound a certain way have a certain sound but if you have a race header (e.g. DC Race) will that affect the exhaust sound like a unmuffled exhaust or will it sound like you do have an exhaust on. Thanks and Help would be appreciated

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
7,698 Posts
If you plan on running a race header, I would recommend coupling it with an exhaust that is quiet to start with. I have the JRRH and the 5Zigen Fireball, and I can't imagine having anything louder than what my setup sounds like now. If you start with an exhaust that is loud to begin with, pairing it with a race header is gonna make it crazy loud......you may as well write tickets for yourself b/c you will be getting pulled by johnny law frequently.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have the DC race with the powergetter. It sounds great. Deep tone shifting at 3,000 and not much louder than with stock header. Crusing in 5 on street or 6th on highway is very quiet. At WOT, it sounds loud as hell....I mean it literally screams. I think it is rated at 93 DB, so with everyday driving( shifting at 3500 or so), it may be up to 96-97 DB. You can tell the difference, but it still sounds like a PG, just louder. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
cmezoom11 said:
I have the DC race with the powergetter. It sounds great. Deep tone shifting at 3,000 and not much louder than with stock header. Crusing in 5 on street or 6th on highway is very quiet. At WOT, it sounds loud as hell....I mean it literally screams. I think it is rated at 93 DB, so with everyday driving( shifting at 3500 or so), it may be up to 96-97 DB. You can tell the difference, but it still sounds like a PG, just louder. :thumbsup:
Awesome, that is the setup I'll be getting. Any chance of sound clps? :driving:

·
Little engine that could
1,150 Posts
cmezoom11 said:
So no fart can, no bee buzzing...? Good, thats just what I wanted to hear... I plan on getting the DCRH soon.

·
Registered
89 Posts
cmezoom11 said:

Have you had instances where you're shooting fireballs from your PG???

A friend of mine had an RX-7 with a twin catback and a downpipe, and when he shifted from higher rpm's his muffler would shoot fireballs.

I know they're different cars, but I'm just wondering.

·
Because Racecar
1,467 Posts
it shoots "fireballs" because it is running rich, becuase it has a BOV and is a turbo

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
JOBNUMBER said:
He had a non turbo RX-7... but I guess he was running rich.

Do RSX's run rich with the race header???
They run leaner than stock with a race header (edit: I mean a Type S w/ a RH runs leaner than a Type S without one), which is still a little rich. Not enough to generate flames though.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.