Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
nice vid...sounds great :thumbsup: I really like the low grumbling sound.

I have one problem with mine. When it freezing rains, it sounds as though exhaust leaks from where it attaches to the cat. Kind of like a vibrating sound when I accelerate. It will last for a few minutes :nervous: then go away. It has done this twice- both times during freezing rain- not snow, not regular rain, just freezing rain. Kind of weird.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
salem, i experienced this too, water hits the b pipe and makes it curl a little and it hits the bottom of the car... after a few seconds, it curls back to normal...

Is your exhaust pretty loud compared to the CAI? I know at cruising speeds, it can drone a little... I checked the flanges, they were all tight, must be that way with all aftermarket exhaust..

·
Registered
129 Posts
MikeRSX said:
Is your exhaust pretty loud compared to the CAI? I know at cruising speeds, it can drone a little... I checked the flanges, they were all tight, must be that way with all aftermarket exhaust..

Thx for the explaination of the noise when it rains. I have a V2. My exhaust is more audible than it. Yea, there is always that low drone/grumble when cruising, but when I punch it, the giant suction sound of the intake seems just as loud.

·
The 973 O.G.
616 Posts
bump for more clips

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahaha I actually had a exhaust leak in that video. (went to the shop the next day and got that fixed)

Ill make another video here soon with a couple of drive bys (no guns of course)---wow that was corny. Ill see if I can mount the camera like KlutchRSX did for his 1/4 mile and do some running around. I like it.

Does any one elses DC TCS make a wierd grumbling noise when you run the tach to the top and then push the clutch in and let it fall back to idle?

·
The 973 O.G.
616 Posts
how soon is soon?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ummm... rev limiter?

·
The 973 O.G.
616 Posts