Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
ASP
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recent work at ASP.

3" Aluminum race exhaust DC5 chassis. Made this for a customer that races the NOPI series. His class requires the exhaust exit in stock location.

Im going to make one for my car, but im gona make some aluminum mufflers to weld on to it.

Enjoy......

·
ASP
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I ordered the parts to make my own aluminum mufflers, they should be in next week. Ill post pics of the mufflers when im done.

·
Absolute Pro-Formance
15,515 Posts
Sick, exactly like my turbo exhaust will be like, turn down and all!

·
ASP
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its actually not that loud. My wifes car (K24a2 swaped Eg) is lowder than this. But right now its still has the stock cat, so that quiet it down alot.

I don't have anything to record a sound clip, but on the free way at 3500 rpm's its quiet enough for me to talk on my cell phone with out any problem.

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,103 Posts
Its actually not that loud. My wifes car (K24a2 swaped Eg) is lowder than this. But right now its still has the stock cat, so that quiet it down alot.

I don't have anything to record a sound clip, but on the free way at 3500 rpm's its quiet enough for me to talk on my cell phone with out any problem.
ya i guess the cat would keep it quiet

·
ASP
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Get rid of that cat and it's going to sound downright horrid.
Im not going to get rid of the cat. Actually im going to add a muffler in the next week and see how the sound changes.

The muffler its going to be aluminum as well so the weight will still be verry low.

Ill keep you guys updated and see if I can borrow my friends camera to take some sound clips.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Im not going to get rid of the cat. Actually im going to add a muffler in the next week and see how the sound changes.

The muffler its going to be aluminum as well so the weight will still be verry low.

Ill keep you guys updated and see if I can borrow my friends camera to take some sound clips.
what kind of aluminum muffler you getting? and where you getting it? you know if I can get an aluminum resonator also?

·
ASP
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what kind of aluminum muffler you getting? and where you getting it? you know if I can get an aluminum resonator also?
I have not been able to find any 3" aluminum mufflers or resonators. So im going to make my own.

I have all the parts on order, so they should be in next week.

Muffler is going to be 5" in diameter. I can make a resonator in 4" diameter, but the rsx has lots of room before the rear lca for a full size 5" diameter muffler.

·
ASP
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I got the 5" aluminum piping in today. That is going to be used for the can of the muffler. The perforated tube came in also and im waiting for the muffler packing.

So I should have one muffler done by early next week.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts