Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think this will work? I have a set of DC5 Brembos but have yet to pick up my Si but will probabaly do so in a few weeks. I think the Dominatros have Brembos I'm just not sure where it came off of.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does that apply to the sedan as well??? I would imagine if the fronts would have issues that it would be simillar to the DC5 clearance issues with the swaybars, etc...

If you guy shappen to come across the link, please post it up, I really would like to see it, I have tried searching but have come up with nothing... thanx

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Borrowed pictures from 8thgencivic...
I think the one pair of pix were with a DC5 conversion and the others were with a Brembo aftermarket kit.

I'm doing this soon, I already have the Brembos now I would just need to get the car... Ha ha!

·
Registered
952 Posts
I think the one pair of pix were with a DC5 conversion and the others were with a Brembo aftermarket kit.

I'm doing this soon, I already have the Brembos now I would just need to get the car... Ha ha!
the brembos with the drilled rotors are a real brembo BBK... cost the guy about 3000 ...

but u can just get the brembos of the FD2-R .. it will be a bolt on application if dc5 isn't bolt on ...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^^ FD2R Brembos are gonna be tough to come by at this time since it has only been out for 2 months. I think I got the second pair of pix off your post on 8thgen (just borrowed it).

I love your CSX conversion bro. I wanna do the FD2 conversion though. One of my buddies owns a Honda dealership in Asia so I'll probabaly bring in a bunch of these conversions stateside the same way I did with the DC2s and DC5s last year.

·
Banned
1,859 Posts

What rims are those? Very very nice with those brembo's

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Probabaly not. You can buy one of my DC5 Brembo sets so I can buy the ones off of GT Motoring!!! LOL! I have 4 sets of DC5-R Brembos, no axles, LCAs or sway bars but everything else is included.

EDIT: Oh wait you are in Ontario so you are probably talking about a CSX Type-S... sorry I thought you meant an RSX Type-S

WOW! I didnt realize those are readily available now. I wonder what is the turnaround time to get those in.

When I said they might not be available yet, I meant from Asian salvage suppliers where they would normally be cheaper and get everything else that you need. at under 2K you only get the caliper and rotor sets we dont even know yet if we are gonna need the hubs, lcas or suspension to get them to fit. I'm curious to see if it's like the DC5 conversion where you need more than the brake parts to get it to work...

·
Banned
1,859 Posts
Probabaly not. You can buy one of my DC5 Brembo sets so I can buy the ones off of GT Motoring!!! LOL! I have 4 sets of DC5-R Brembos, no axles, LCAs or sway bars but everything else is included.

EDIT: Oh wait you are in Ontario so you are probably talking about a CSX Type-S... sorry I thought you meant an RSX Type-S

WOW! I didnt realize those are readily available now. I wonder what is the turnaround time to get those in.

When I said they might not be available yet, I meant from Asian salvage suppliers where they would normally be cheaper and get everything else that you need. at under 2K you only get the caliper and rotor sets we dont even know yet if we are gonna need the hubs, lcas or suspension to get them to fit. I'm curious to see if it's like the DC5 conversion where you need more than the brake parts to get it to work...
Nono dude, Im running a 06 RSX type S here. .....Been looking into brembo's for a while now.....just looking for a good deal.

·
Registered
952 Posts

4-6 wks on most parts ...especially the bigger ones ...
smaller items will take less time

contact the guy about the other info... he's quick to respond.

·
Registered
66 Posts
^^^ FD2R Brembos are gonna be tough to come by at this time since it has only been out for 2 months. I think I got the second pair of pix off your post on 8thgen (just borrowed it).

I love your CSX conversion bro. I wanna do the FD2 conversion though. One of my buddies owns a Honda dealership in Asia so I'll probabaly bring in a bunch of these conversions stateside the same way I did with the DC2s and DC5s last year.
I've had a set sitting around for about 2 weeks now. Actually, if you want, you can have my extra set of Type-R components (entire front end). I've already done a conversion on one of my FA5s, and opted to sell the other one for something else.

If anybody wants or needs any Type-R components PM me. I can get the brakes (rotors and calipers) for about $1300 shipped anywhere in the states. Actually, anything GT Motoring has, I've been doing cheaper. I dunno why their prices are so damn high...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts