Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if the DC5-R centre caps will fit the USDM 16" wheels. See pic below.

DC5-R



or if the DC2-R centre caps will do the same.

DC2-R





I searched and no threads really answer this question.
By the way I have OEM gunmetal rims from Canada.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Don't know from experience, but I would think the DC5-R center caps would.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
bizzzzump...i wanna know
 

·
700p LTR TWS .308
Joined
·
6,408 Posts
nope. The type-r rims are slightly different (a little larger, and lug pattern is slightly off). I think someone on honda-tech posted that it wont work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
muevelonyc said:
nope. The type-r rims are slightly different (a little larger, and lug pattern is slightly off). I think someone on honda-tech posted that it wont work.
I will post in the Aussie forum, their Type R is really a dressed up type S but they have the same gunmetal rims as we Canadians but their cars are badged as honda's, I wonder if their centre caps have the H logo.

click here

I'll let you guys know whoever is interested.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok boys here are the digs, this info from our friends half way across the world in Australia. click here

They look very much like the JDM DC5-R centre caps don't they?? Hmmmm???

The wheels they have are 16 X 6.5 same as ours.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,597 Posts
anyone have a site where we can pick theos up. also do u guys know if these center caps will fit into the a spec rims?
 

·
700p LTR TWS .308
Joined
·
6,408 Posts
Just post in honda-tech, they'll tell u. A lot of the dudes there did the whole rotor, brake, and rim replacement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have one of our Aussie friends looking into availabitlity and pricing for those centre caps. Damn they look identical to the JDM ones???? Still wondering???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
muevelonyc said:
that's what I've been saying...

I understand that, just saying in the Aussie pics above, the centre caps look deceivingly similar in size to the JDM R centre caps off the 17 inch wheel.
 

·
cold chillin
Joined
·
758 Posts
those dont fit, but if your main purpose is to have that H in yer centercap u can use 5th gen prelude wheel centercaps, or the newest accord's wheel centercaps :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
SqratchDC5 said:
those dont fit, but if your main purpose is to have that H in yer centercap u can use 5th gen prelude wheel centercaps, or the newest accord's wheel centercaps :thumbsup:
Great Info...n e 1 have pics of these center caps????...i am gonna look...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
muevelonyc said:
why not order the aussie's H centercaps then?
Thanks, we are looking into it for price, availability, and shipping costs. But we are looking at all possible solutions perhaps shipping from 3/4 of the way around the world maybe too expensive, so a local alternative is perhaps the way to go, do you have any suggestions??
 

·
this is my inner child
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
5minutemajor said:
Does anybody know if the DC5-R centre caps will fit the USDM 16" wheels. See pic below.
I searched and no threads really answer this question.
By the way I have OEM gunmetal rims from Canada.
I don't see why not. My Acura caps fit my DC5-R 17" wheels.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RSX Factor said:
I don't see why not. My Acura caps fit my DC5-R 17" wheels.


Shit Jimmy will you look at that, A guess A was not blind afteraw :cool:

Thanks RSX Factor
 

·
this is my inner child
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
5minutemajor said:
Shit Jimmy will you look at that, A guess A was not blind afteraw :cool:

Thanks RSX Factor
No problem.
I can see for sure tonight. I still have the Honda caps that came on my DC5-R wheels and my stock wheels out in my parts shed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RSX Factor said:
No problem.
I can see for sure tonight. I still have the Honda caps that came on my DC5-R wheels and my stock wheels out in my parts shed.

Looking at the color they are silver, are the Acura centre caps you have on gunmetal or silver. We have gunmetal rims in Canada, but anyways I guess you "red" silver caps will fit my 16's. Do you wnat to sell them?
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top