Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
How You DOOIN
3,410 Posts
these are longer and have bigger ball joint holes. These will require axles and hubs to make work on rsx/ep3 chasis

·
Spooning on you!
6,242 Posts
LOL I am not running a JDM header... I am running a 4-2-1, yes by all means it's close and at times I do hit it ever so slightly... I have these on my EP3 as we speak and I love them.
if you dont want your header to hit your sway bar and fit properly, i advise a jdm header. just giving advice to who buys this.

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Just to clear a few things up. If your car is STOCK, the following needs to be done:
- JDM Front Sway Bar
- JDM Header (or aftermarket header, the OEM HEADER WILL NOT WORK)
- OEM end links (might as well change them if you're changing all this)

Note: OEM end links and Type R end links are THE SAME.

Why would you need the JDM front sway bar? Simple, look at the mounting points for the end links: (Thanks for the photo)

these are longer and have bigger ball joint holes. These will require axles and hubs to make work on rsx/ep3 chasis
You DON'T need Type R hubs for this to work.

No, that is not true... Yes the JDM axles are 15mm longer however MANY guys including myself are using USDM axles.

Yes, you're using USDM axles, because you're running USDM hubs. The JDM axles are needed when running JDM hubs.

I know two guys pushing over 600+ whp with USDM axles with no issues.

Doesn't prove anything, but like I just stated, the hubs aren't changed therefore your axles shouldn't be changed either.

I will try and find the picture of the JDM R control arm on top of the USDM control arm and they are not longer, it is the caster that is different and if you choose to have the caster to match that of the JDM R you can buy the offset bushings, however it's not necessary... as I am not, and many others are not. I will eventually run the offset caster sperical bushings due to tracking the car and wanting the caster change, most people would not be able to tell a difference.

Mounting points are the same, EXCEPT for the end links. Hence why the JDM front sway bar is needed.

Also wrong on the hubs/knuckles I am running USDM hubs and knuckles off an 06 RSX S (because I believed false rumors like what you are spreading around) if you do not have the larger ball joint found in the 06 RSX S you will need to press out the control arm ball joint inserts and press in a set from king motorsports for $75.00 If you decide that you want these and have the smaller ball joints, I can work out a way that I will press out the DC5R inserts and press the king motorsports in for free (you cover the cost of the new inserts)

Here is the link for use with smaller ball joints to make these compatible with the smaller ball joints:
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/p-4336-king-motorsports-front-lower-control-arm-ball-joint-inserts.aspx

Angle is not the best but it at least shows that the two mounting locations on the control arm are lined up and you can see the fifference in the caster between the two... Hopefully this will help put some of the rumors to rest.

This photo proves that the OEM sway bar will not work.

[/URL][/IMG]

what the dc5r arms do.
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=841501&page=13

if you buy the dc5r control arms you will need the following.

dc5r front sway bar
jdm header to fit the sway bar.
king motorsports control arm adapters or 05-06 spindles. cheaper to get the adapters.
Correct information!

LOL I am not running a JDM header... I am running a 4-2-1, yes by all means it's close and at times I do hit it ever so slightly... I have another set of these on my EP3 as we speak and I love them.
You still hit. And what elitezdc5 is pointing out, an OEM header will NOT work.

I appreciate it, I have no issue with valid input. I just hear too many rumors that are false, and it is frustrating that people spread the wrong word around. I am only trying to debunk some of it and help those who are interested. I understand these are not for everybody and that is fine.

No offense, but you debunked close to nothing so far. Aside from the one person saying you need the Type R hubs, which isn't true.

A lot of after market headers hit the stock RSX and EP3 sways too... Some people run EM sways, some remove them all together, to each their own.

Here are the headers I am running:
[/URL][/IMG]
^ Not an OEM header.

And more importantly, been there, done that. I get what you're saying about people talking non-sense though, sometimes it's best to find out for yourself :thumbsup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah, a lot of people don't realize that the jdm type r spindles and larger ball joint setup, are the same as the usdm 05-06 Type S. If the hub is different, I am not aware of it

I bought a used set of complete spindles, bearings, lca's and axles off an 06 for $150....not need to modify or buy inserts fro king motorsports

It's good to know about the front sway bar, I wasn't sure about which bars fit with those aluminum LCA's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.