Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching but I couldn't find a direct answer.

I recently bought a used type r header. Will it clear my stock front sway bar? I read that 02-03 sway bar will clear the header. How about the 04-05 ep3? My car is 04.

I know my option is to buy an ep3 type r sway bar or em2 sway bar. But I want to make sure that I really need it.

Sorry if this has been answered before, I couldn't find it. Please help. Thanks!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to update for those who are getting the DC5 Type R 4-2-1 header for their Ep3, my stock sway bar cleared the header just fine. About 1/2-3/4 inch gap and I don't hear the header banging on my sway bar on normal driving.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will use the type r cat. You can't use the stock cat because the type r is a 4-2-1 design while the stock is 4-1. Hth!

·
Registered
97 Posts
does your setup make any noticeable difference?

just wondering how much did you pay for the whole set?

i found a place asking for 370 before shipping (from hong kong),
header+cat+midpipe+muffler

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does your setup make any noticeable difference?

just wondering how much did you pay for the whole set?

i found a place asking for 370 before shipping (from hong kong),
header+cat+midpipe+muffler
That's a good deal man! Someone sells the type r catback locally for $350 which I think is overpriced. I got the header for almost $200 shipped. Difference I noticed is the rpm goes high faster. And the sound of my twinloop is louder at high rpm. Buy that already!

·
03 VBP EP3
22 Posts
Just to update for those who are getting the DC5 Type R 4-2-1 header for their Ep3, my stock sway bar cleared the header just fine. About 1/2-3/4 inch gap and I don't hear the header banging on my sway bar on normal driving.
I have on 03 EP3, will my front sway bar work with the ITR exhaust manifold/cat combo?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anybody? I purchased the DC5-R exhaust manifold and cat yesterday and I just need to know if I should bother getting the CTR front sway as well.

Thanks!
No man you don't need it. I used my stock sway bar on mine when I installed the header.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Im using a DC5-R stock manifold and cat and using the stock sway bar and have RSX Type S 5 bolt swap and the sway bar is touching a little.
What aftermarket brand swaybar I can use to fix this issue? Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts