Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the DC5 type R Muffler fit on an 04 b-pipe? or do i have to have the type R b pipe aswell?

·
iVtec Do You?
1,205 Posts
It will fit no problem. I just put a Spoon Street axel back muffler from a DC5R on my 06 Type S and it was bolt on.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone have any insite into how it sounds or performs with that set up? i have itr header and cat, but im abroke college student and couldnt afford full exhaust for my car so i just got the muffler. is the b pipe and resonator worth the money?

·
Registered
397 Posts
You know the 05-06 B-pipe is the same as the ITR, right? Only difference in 05-06 and ITR is the valve in the muffler.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no, diameter of tubing on the 05 06 is smaller than type r, you can search that on here and find exactly what im talking about. The muffler on the type r is different in how the flow travels, sounds over all, the high rpm valve and it has a longer tip. theres alot more difference than your obviously aware of...do your research...

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dude, there is a thread that shows both the ITR and the 05 06 type S and there is a visible difference in the diameter of the pipe leading to the resonator and out of the resonator--let me find it and you tell me what you think- i may be wrong, camera angles and whatnot can have that affect but the guy who posted said there is a difference in size, but did not measure. I may just call H-motors and get exact dims on it. let me find that stuff again...

·
Registered
379 Posts
On my 05/06 the ID of the mid-pipe where it connects to the Cat is 1.9"

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just meant pipe diameter in general- i think they will work togather just fine. I was told by JDM land that they think it is 2.6" b pipe diameter...im not so sure of this though. guy hesitated and didnt check on it, so i will keep up some research.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya thats what i thought haha. My borla wasnt that big so i figured it wouldnt be either. I actually have an DC5-R bpipe being shipped to me from cali-(im in texas) I got it for $70 bucks Shipped, the day after i ordered it i got a call from crsx wtb add for a guy local to me and said he would give it to me for $20 bucks...and now that i think the entire rsx community has decided that there isnt much of a difference, i feel like a fool. I shoulda grabbed that and gotten rid of the itr pipe. When i get the ITR b pipe in, i will make a thread with all the specs and stuff. I emailed George here on crsx asking if he knew or would be able to measure.

Anyone on this jdm style a houstonian with an 05 06-s exhaust so i can do a good comparison?

·
Super Moderator
259,460 Posts
The flange should be identical on all years for the Type-S.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts