-Spyder Fog lights
-Mugen Replica Lip
-6000K HIDs

SUSPENSION
-2005/06 Suspension w/ Tein S-Techs

TIRES/WHEELS/BRAKES
-"16 Stock Wheels Wheels w/ Locks
-OEM A-Spec Big Break Kit w/Hawk Pads

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owned the car for nearly 10 years. Purchased it on November 16, 2007. Before I purchased the Type S, I had a 1996 Honda Civic DX coupe automatic. Sold it within' a year after buying the Type S.

The car been thru hell and back. Never had any issues; just had CMC failure and power steering pump go out, other than that, the car has been solid for most of it's tenure with me.

I've had it repainted, switched out bumpers, lips, wheels and suspension. The car is no longer looking beautiful but it still serves it's purpose of getting me to point A to point B.

On September 3rd of 2015 purchased a brand new Chevrolet Cruze LTZ. Ever since that the Type S been downgraded to a garage queen/fun Sunday drive car. I think I put nearly 600 miles since purchasing the Cruze. I'm closely considering the Type S to purchase a house but can't see myself doing so.

Anyway on to some pictures.

Waay before:

My first car, a 1996 Honda Civic DX Coupe Automatic in 2006.

Purchase of my 2002 Acura RSX Type S in Azure Pearl on November 16, 2007.

During:

Resprayed in OEM Nighthawk Black Pearl by Maaco.

Added OEM A-Spec Areo Kit.

Purchased 2005/06 Type S wheels

Desmonds Marquis Promadas in black during a trip to Mexico.

Finally 2004 A-Spec wheels via Delray Acura.

Purchase of my 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT with 103 miles on it on September 4, 2015.

Current as of 9/24/2017:

·
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Not much has been done. Just an ITR center console with the modulo kit which I left off the console. Fixed some of the paint by polishing and waxing it. Shines little better.

Hoping to do some shopping next week and get some bits. Really thinking bout lowering it. Either thinking Mugen or some actual coils.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks!

Not much has been done. Just an ITR center console with the modulo kit which I left off the console. Fixed some of the paint by polishing and waxing it. Shines little better.

Hoping to do some shopping next week and get some bits. Really thinking bout lowering it. Either thinking Mugen or some actual coils.
Paint job for 650?? thats an amazing price, hows it holding up so far

·
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Paint job for 650?? thats an amazing price, hows it holding up so far
Showing it's age. The clear coat has a haze/fading. Only on it's roof and passenger side where it's main exposed. Needs a good buffing.

Figure, I use this thread as my own photo journal so when I look back I can say this car made some progression and regression lol

9/5/15

I was having problems with the RSX, kept stalling and dying on me at random times. I did use the car a lot. From my house to work (random school sites) to my girlfriends, back to my house, around town and day trips to LA and Central Coast. So yeah it was taking a beating for a 13 year old car with 170k. Final straw when the car died on me while reversing out the garage and as I had my dad jump my car, I told him I had it. It's probably an easy fix (battery and cables were done) but with my driving style I needed something new. So I went to the dealership that day and found the perfect car, a 2015 Chevy Cruz LT. Drove so smooth and had everything that I wanted as a daily; cloth seats, awesome stereo, automatic, and a lot of space. Signed the papers and was able to get it the next day!

Never owned a brand new car, felt so good. Decided to keep the RSX as it was still my baby. I plan to fix it up and use it as a track/fun day car.

October 2015

Wanted to start getting my car the way I want it. I finally pulled the trigger and bought an HKS Hi-Power exhaust. A thing of beauty.

I found a deal on some 05 Type S suspension with Tein S-Tech springs, so I thought what the heck, let's lower the B!

I had problems with the front suspension as the tie rod boot was torn so I ordered some new ones and took it to a friend shop where I'd have him install the exhaust too along with the front suspension. I had already installed the rears.

During this time I also got some Vision MC mirrors, A-Spec interior trim, Spoon rear view mirrors and Mugen rear mirror cover. I had in mind to keep my car as a clean rare/nice part car.

12/24/15

Ran into some money problems so I did end up selling a lot of parts I did buy or had already in November lol no biggie. Returned back to Acura badges and did end up getting my car an XMas gift lol

Removed the foglights and now running with ITR brake ducts, and did a radio delete. A nice wash and parked it in the garage.

·
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
4/21/16

Not much has happened. Added a few items; Mugen Intake, ICB/Vision rear view mirror, Spoon rear strut bar and ITR emblems.

It's been sitting in the garage ever since the beginning of the year. I'm feel like I'm kinda outgrowing it or regretting the modifications I've done to even take it out. I'm thinking of ditching the exhaust and going back to 05-06 and adding the radio again. Maybe switching back to Acura emblems as well. Miss it being simple.

The Cruze gets majority of the mileage now.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Looks good though! I feel you though. I think there's some good compromises you could make

Get a q300 cat back exhaust. Nice low tone WOT but sounds super quiet and little louder than oem but purrs

Get a radio again haha

Put on the Honda iS emblems instead of the red H or the Acura A. Honestly I think both are clean I just personally hate the RSX type S emblem vs the integra Type S ones.

My suggestions aren't worth shit. But I had plans to do type r emblems. Did the red H game. wanted a fancy radio and a loud exhaust. Then realised simple is so much easier and didn't wanna make it stand super far out so I went with the iS emblems, audm type r radio and got lucky with a deal on the q300. But it's probably the best decisions I've made with the car.

·
Always on TDY...
2,199 Posts
Looks clean Sir! Love the A-Specs and concur with keeping it Simply Clean. So far, I think you've done excellent in tastefully modding it :bow:

02-04 NHBP Type S w/ A-Specs... Damn near my twin lol

·
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks good though! I feel you though. I think there's some good compromises you could make

Get a q300 cat back exhaust. Nice low tone WOT but sounds super quiet and little louder than oem but purrs

Get a radio again haha

Put on the Honda iS emblems instead of the red H or the Acura A. Honestly I think both are clean I just personally hate the RSX type S emblem vs the integra Type S ones.

My suggestions aren't worth shit. But I had plans to do type r emblems. Did the red H game. wanted a fancy radio and a loud exhaust. Then realised simple is so much easier and didn't wanna make it stand super far out so I went with the iS emblems, audm type r radio and got lucky with a deal on the q300. But it's probably the best decisions I've made with the car.
I always do the complete opposite of what I actually wanna do. I wanted an Apexi WS2, iS badges, but instead get something loud and out there lol oh well. Maybe I'll just take off the R badge and leave the rest.

I wanna do a 05-06 conversion but something attracts me to the 02-04 look. It's different.

Looks clean Sir! Love the A-Specs and concur with keeping it Simply Clean. So far, I think you've done excellent in tastefully modding it :bow:

02-04 NHBP Type S w/ A-Specs... Damn near my twin lol
Thank you good sir. :bow: thought about ditching the A-Specs but they're rare to get ahold now

·
Registered
96 Posts
I always do the complete opposite of what I actually wanna do. I wanted an Apexi WS2, iS badges, but instead get something loud and out there lol oh well. Maybe I'll just take off the R badge and leave the rest.
Never too late to switch it up! I'm sure you can break even if you sell your current exhaust and get a used WS2.

Car looks really clean! I say keep the 02-04 kit. I like over 05-06 with A spec... But that just me.

·
1 of 1
5,669 Posts
Haven't seen a tastefully modified DC5 in a while. Don't screw it up. :watch:

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
:lawl: ^^

good build so far, keep it up

·
Fast and Furious
585 Posts
good story

yeah the way the car is so good when stock its a pain to "figure things out". Clean will always be liked. if your on the forums all the time it makes you want/need to go farther because so many people are doing things big. just love it and don't leave it. maybe do some autocross or spirited drives at scenic routes. mod as required/desired:vtec:

·
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thank you for all the positive comments :bow:
@AIRITE, you hit the nail on the coffin. I see all these modded cars and it's like, I want that and wanna do this. But once I do it, it's like never mind! Lol. I think I'm happy having it as a stock clean S.

Was almost close to trade my front and rear for an 05-06, but still think the 02 look is unique.

5/18/2016

Over the weekend picked up an 05-06 exhaust to replace my HKS. After installing it yesterday, I was shocked how quite the OEM exhaust was. I love it lol. The power is modest now even with an Mugen intake

also over the weekend installed the radio again and the sunroof button. The wires aren't tapped correctly so the fronts speakers aren't working correctly. I also bought an privacy pocket with cupholder to install with the radio unit.... you get what you paid for lol going to install the OEM console again because nothing sits flush. Cupholders don't even fit any cups unless it's juice box lol

Next: a window tint and debadge the Type R and Integra emblems.

·
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
5/20/2016

After a month of waiting finally got my blue side mirrors! Made by Vision Technica + ICB Japan.

I love how they look, and actually have purpose. I haven't tried these at night but if they're anything like the rear view mirror I have by them, than they're gold. A good alternative to Spoon side view mirrors which are basically made by the same company.

You receive 10 small M3 double sided tape and place them wherever you feel secure with them. I placed one on each side, top and bottom, one in the middle and small snippets on the corners. Original plan was to remove the complete house and mirror but got to excited.

Vision/ICB Blue Mirror

And to be a ricer, I added a Type One logo sticker on each of my side windows. Always been a fan of Type One/Spoon, and wanted to pay homage, even though I only have one Spoon part. Lol

Spoon Type One

·
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
July 2016

I haven't done much to car. I did however installed the following parts:

Boss Double-din headunit ... I've always had Boss units in car and they been pretty good to me. Picked this up for cheap on Amazon and the install was easy. I didn't opt for the backup cam or Bluetooth. I just wanted to get rid of the pockets and fill the din. It kinda has heating issues. If it over heats the unit won't put sound out just a muzzled noise from the subwoofer. Hoping to get a better amp and speakers.

Also found a spare valve cover and was bored so figured I paint it. I did it metallic gold. It came out good and I didn't do anything special. No special paint for heat or coating or anything. It even handled a 300 mile round trip in 100 degree weather.

And finally added in the month of July... my personal favorite; cloth seats! I found a good seat for cheap on eBay so I couldn't pass it up. I love the feel and how sturdy they are compared to the awful leathers. I opted to go with base seats instead of Recaros because of the price and installation. 03 base seats front and back were $350 total. Recaros set plus rear would have been $1600. I'm good! Plus, I really dig the design lol. The install was straight forward since they rails already. Just swapped over the seat belts and 2 hours later they were ready. Took a drive to LA with these and the comfort level is 8 out of 10. I have a bad back and I didn't get no pain what so ever. With the leathers, within an hour I would've been pissed. Overall very happy. I don't know why it took me 9 years to finally get these. Should have been my first purchase.

And how the car sits now.

For now I think I'm done. The next major thing that's going to happen is a paint job. I'm avoiding any color related to black. So going to start looking for that. As for as small items, I want to rebuild the engine back with new bolts and add some small cosmetics but I think I have to really save for the paint job. See how it goes.

·
Amateur Hour
5 Posts
Nice write up �� gives me motivation to keep my type s and do everything I've dreamed about doing to it, just got it last month and almost gave up on it because my clutch went out ��

1 - 20 of 64 Posts