Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Yo Daddeh
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im going back to the dark side, but this time with a K24A2 and a little bigger turbo than last time with my old K20A3 (some of you may remember and some wont). Anyway, I've got most of the parts in the mail or they're ordered and on the way. Here's a list of the set up that I'll be running. Pictures will be added as time goes. Im expecting to be done completely in the next 2 months.

K24A2
Completely stock internals
RBC intake manifold w/stock TSX throttle body
RC 750cc injectors
Revhard manifold
60-1 turbo w/ oil restrictor
TiAL 38mm wastegate (.7 bar)
eBay intercooler (inlet/outlet on the same side)
GReddy RS blow off valve
Custom 3" open downpipe
Custom 2.5" charge piping
Russell drain line fittings and hose
Motorvations Motorsports feed line
Walbro 255
Golden Eagle fuel rail

I wanted to make 400whp, as the car will only be driven on the weekends most likely. I drive my 00 EK coupe with a JDM B16 daily so Im not worried about blowing the K24. But I don't think Im going to make that on only .7 bar (around 10lbs). But I didn't want to go higher because I wanted to use my factory map sensor. We'll see what happens. Might go to 12lbs. Like I said, as I get more parts in the mail, Ill take pictures and post them. The engine will be pulled soon to make the install easier. Stay tuned!

·
i got killer fish
1,318 Posts
i would get an upgraded map reguardless they are cheap enough, good luck with your big block turbo honda build

·
Yo Daddeh
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I might as well. I had one when my A3 with boosted on 16lbs but I was trying to avoid going away from stock again. I might just buy the Hondata one. Shoot me a PM with a price and Ill let ya know something. On another note, I'll have some pictures up really soon. Possibly some tonight.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Only thing DBW effects is where the throttle linkage connects to - DBW connects it to a servo controlled by the ECU; traditional throttling connects it directly to the pedal. The only limitation that he should experience with the TSX's DBW throttle body is that he can't use cruise control, because DBW uses a single throttle cable for both CC and human control; there probably isn't a connector for the second. Not that cruise control is likely to be a big deal ;)

·
I-vtec
437 Posts
From looking at your sig your a3 made some pretty good power, and the k24a4 on bottle made some nice torque numbers.. Why the R.I.P.? they both blew?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts