Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Always on TDY...
2,164 Posts
In... Down for Otown :coffee:

I'd do anywhere in Cenfla on the I-4 corridor, but I'd imagine Orlando will be more neutral for out of towners. I follow DC5Society on IG and concur we need to get FL on the map.

Concur with Jan 2015 as a target. Should open it up to Georgia, Louisiana, and Mississppi as well. We had 2 Cenfla meets a few years back and had folks travel from ATL down and MIA up.

I can help scout a meet up spot if Orlando is selected.

Disclaimer: I work fulltime, have 2 kids, a wife, and travel a bit for work. I'll help where I can, but I don't anticipate this being as big as MM3 or SimplyClean. I figured its more DC5 drivers getting together and repping for DC5 Society. lmk if I'm off...

·
Registered
897 Posts
Im down for orlando or tampa..im looking forward to it its been a while since Rsx community has gotten together. To branch out a little maybe you should make a post on IG or fb (Acura Rsx owners or club dc5) seems alot of guys post there maybe some might consider attending the meet.

·
Spooning on you!
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In... Down for Otown :coffee:

I'd do anywhere in Cenfla on the I-4 corridor, but I'd imagine Orlando will be more neutral for out of towners. I follow DC5Society on IG and concur we need to get FL on the map.

Concur with Jan 2015 as a target. Should open it up to Georgia, Louisiana, and Mississppi as well. We had 2 Cenfla meets a few years back and had folks travel from ATL down and MIA up.

I can help scout a meet up spot if Orlando is selected.

Disclaimer: I work fulltime, have 2 kids, a wife, and travel a bit for work. I'll help where I can, but I don't anticipate this being as big as MM3 or SimplyClean. I figured its more DC5 drivers getting together and repping for DC5 Society. lmk if I'm off...

thanks for your help. i dont need it to be that huge. just 20+ rsx's to be there. at the last one there was s2k's, tsx's etc. so it was probably about 100 cars but majority rsx's and that was a cool meet. just looking to do the same but hopefully more people and cars. im open to other cars being there.

i-drive in orlando would be cool to host the meet since theres alot of gas stations, restaurants, etc around. any places there we could have it at?

·
Spooning on you!
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for everyone saying to have the meet where they live cuz its close to them, would you drive to orlando, miami, tampa for the meet so its not in your city?

stop being lazy lol

·
Always on TDY...
2,164 Posts
Let's start scouting out spots for both Tampa and Orlando and post up...

Some Orlando spots are Blanchard park by UCF (Acurazine meet was held there), Oviedo Mall (a lot of open parking spaces and we held a CenFla meet there several years back). As long as we are respectable, there should be no issue. I have a few contacts at some shops that I can potentially reach out too thru my s2k connects.

·
The Silver Bullet
53 Posts
O-Town!

I vote for Orlando.

Tampa wouldn't be too bad if we set up a cruse from Orlando, But Orlando is definitely more ideal if we plan on having "out-of-towners"

I'm not sure Jay Blanchard Park is the best option. I was at the AZ meet at Blanchard, I think it's too small, and not very "low-friendly."

The Oviedo Mall sounds cool, if mall security wouldn't cause issues. Especially if we have people driving far for the meet. I'd be pretty pissed if I drove far, only to be run off by mall cops.

·
Spooning on you!
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Let's start scouting out spots for both Tampa and Orlando and post up...

Some Orlando spots are Blanchard park by UCF (Acurazine meet was held there), Oviedo Mall (a lot of open parking spaces and we held a CenFla meet there several years back). As long as we are respectable, there should be no issue. I have a few contacts at some shops that I can potentially reach out too thru my s2k connects.
i like the mall one. then if were hungry or drinks whatever you can just walk to the mall. how hard is it to find for people coming out of town? is it off the hwy?

when are you going to that mall next time to shop nats? wanna ask the security guys if its ok with us being there.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts