Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.. as of recently, my car feels so janky, it's not even funny...

so i have my race headers on no problem, i then take them off to put a new exhaust manifold gasket on. and after that, the rattling/clanking/and metal sound comes out.

the HKS B-pipe is up against the chassis, and hitting it constantly. before it was random, but now since i wrapped the b-pipe in header wrap, hoping that would help with the hitting of the chassis, ends up making it work, and now i have a little clunking and A LOT of vibration, making my car a vibrating machine, and making it so i don't want to drive it at all.

can someone help me out, something i can do? i've tried everything.

should i change race headers? or exhaust? please someone let me k now, so i don't hate my car as much as i do right now..

-Jason

INFO: i have DC Race Headers, and HKS Hi-Power (turbo version)

ingalls torque damper/ESMM inserts as well.

·
Banned
31,438 Posts
id suggest unbolting the exhaust and trying your best to realign it for the header back.

its not the parts doing this its just how u bolted them up

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
Unwrap b-pipe and try something else to stop the noise?
Getting rid or esmm and engine damper? :laughing:

·
In the works... ^.^; ;
2,401 Posts
torn motor mount? .. maybe you forgot to attach an exhaust hanger? :dontknow:

only problem i get with dcrh and hks combo is hitting the swaybar a bit at times :face:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
torn motor mount? .. maybe you forgot to attach an exhaust hanger? :dontknow:

only problem i get with dcrh and hks combo is hitting the swaybar a bit at times :face:
its not the mount, they had the inserts on not for that long and they were fine/and i have the torque damper, so they should be fine. i am just going to be raw about it and work on it at 8 tonight in my friends car port :p.. and hope it works..

thanks for all your help guys.

-Jason

·
return of the infamous...
59,168 Posts
is it the sway bar?

Reactions: himrin1216

·
Canon 5D MkII
42,777 Posts
is it the sway bar?
It could be, I got that same combo and just recently installed a new sway bar and am getting a similar sound.

Reactions: himrin1216

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no it's against the chassis.. for sure.. there is no clearance... :(

-Jason

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
just try rebolting everything up, making sure it sits correctly. Something must have gone wrong with the new gasket installation. Also make sure the exhuast is on the hangars correctly, etc.

Good luck though

·
eprimpk4l
941 Posts
had similar problem, i have strup RH and SP2 my header caused exhaust to do the same. so i wrapped it like you and it got alil better. try to bang the body in alil too. got alot better for me even though it sounds bad it worked. now i just need a new sway bar cause i get some noise once in awhile from there.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah me and my friend chris (eckola) took the header off, and remounted. and i took the heat shield off as well for good measure. it is better, but still vibrates... so i don't know what i should do..

-Jason

·
eprimpk4l
941 Posts
yeah me and my friend chris (eckola) took the header off, and remounted. and i took the heat shield off as well for good measure. it is better, but still vibrates... so i don't know what i should do..

-Jason
are you getting the vibration from the header banging? do you have ESMM'S because they will cause the car to vibrate more even the torque damper.

edit: you do have ESMM's and TD, you can go to a mufler shop and have them heat and bend your exhaust. or bang the body in a little

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,105 Posts
i have the same combo and had the same problem. fist off its a raceheader not headers there is only one. Now my rattling was bad i also wrapped the b pipe in heat wrap and it help but not totally. I took the header totally off as well as the b-pipe. I put everything back on realigned it all did a better job at bolting it all up and no rattles anymore. like rsxwhiteboy said its not the parts its how you put them together

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have the same combo and had the same problem. fist off its a raceheader not headers there is only one. Now my rattling was bad i also wrapped the b pipe in heat wrap and it help but not totally. I took the header totally off as well as the b-pipe. I put everything back on realigned it all did a better job at bolting it all up and no rattles anymore. like rsxwhiteboy said its not the parts its how you put them together
for one, i know it is a header, it was very late at night and i was tired, and if you look at the rest of the posts i spelt it correctly.. anyways..

we took it off, looked at everything, and bolted it back up. so basically i am out of ideas. i was thinking though maybe i can get one of those thick metal gaskets for where the header connects to the B-pipe, one or 2 of them and the header will technically sit low enough to where there will be clearance, but still not sure, and this is so annoying.

but i thank you everyone who has been trying to be helpful and it means a lot. just got to get this fixed.

this sunday i am putting in my coilovers, so lets see what happens then.

-Jason

·
Registered
436 Posts
i am having the same problem with my greddy evo TT. it rubs against the frame where it makes the turn from the header.i think its just a shitty fitment problem with the larger diameter exhaust's.i have heard of quite a few members complaining about the same kind of problem you have.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i am having the same problem with my greddy evo TT. it rubs against the frame where it makes the turn from the header.i think its just a shitty fitment problem with the larger diameter exhaust's.i have heard of quite a few members complaining about the same kind of problem you have.
yeah so i am not sure what to do.. i heard people bang it their chassis (scared), and there is like a exhaust gasket extension where the header and B-pipe meet up, or a different header.. i don't know.. anyone have an opinion because i am stumped...:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I realize this thread was some time last year but i am so sick of this problem!! I've had it forever and cant stnad it anymore, what do i need to do to get rid of the clunking noise?

Its coming from right under my e-brake and only does it shifting into 3rd or when i go in reverse. But it is very very annoying so just let me know what needs to be done! Thanks

·
( ‾ʖ̫‾)
34,537 Posts
i beat the chassis a bit to get some clearance and also installed a thick metal flange as a spacer in between the header and b-pipe and the vibration went away. i do here a bit of a rattle under very heavy cornering. but other than that its all good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts