Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Perpetrator
53,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
according to the dyno charts i've seen, both produce about the same power on a 600rr (about 105-106hp).

i have hook-ups on price for the arata, but it'll still cost me around $600. the yosh, on the other hand, is under $400.

i've heard how the arata sounds. it has a nice tone. i have no idea how a yosh sounds on my bike. but, power produced is more important to me than sound.

which do you guys recommend? (i ask you guys because i'm tired of reading the exhaust threads in 600rr.net)

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
dude every bike has a yosh pipe... and i heard arata was the best for the cbr600... the dual tip which i dont think is made for 600s is the best sounding

·
Perpetrator
53,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
both seem to make about 105-106 hp on a 600rr.

yosh rs5 slip-on exhaust on an 05 600rr:

arata slip-on exhaust on an 05 600rr:

and yes, of course there are factors such as different dynos, ambient air temp, etc which will affect dyno readings.

but it looks like these two seem pretty good except that the yosh is cheaper.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
Yosh's belong only on suzukis. It would be like getting a mugen exhaust for a toyota.

Slipons are meant only for sound. If you want power you want a full exhaust. Not only will it give you more power, but it'll shed weight too.

The better brands are arata, sato, and akrapovic. To me, nothing compares to sato. But i'm biased (2 sets of satos on my rc).

·
Perpetrator
53,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yosh's belong only on suzukis. It would be like getting a mugen exhaust for a toyota.
lol

ya but mugen is primarily honda, whereas yosh makes exhausts for different brand bikes.

Slipons are meant only for sound. If you want power you want a full exhaust. Not only will it give you more power, but it'll shed weight too.

The better brands are arata, sato, and akrapovic. To me, nothing compares to sato. But i'm biased (2 sets of satos on my rc).
well being a newbie rider, adding significant power from a full system makes me a little edgy. for now, the stock power is fine. at the same time, i'm tired of having a stock exhaust tail when i see aftermarket exhausts on other bikes on a daily basis.

oh and i forgot to add that a full system costs a lot of money!

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
Get the Arata.

if you're going to be spending that much money, spend a little more for the higher quality. I hear nothing but love for arata. The welds are beautiful, while the yosh, I hear, looks like poo. Even a joe shmoe can look at both and say the arata is t3h win.

I'm with GK. In terms of quality, arata is always, or close to, no. 1, with Sato, akrapovic coming in close.

·
Perpetrator
53,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
while the yosh, I hear, looks like poo.
wtf ok lol

Oh and btw make sure you incorporate a power commander in there or you'll run lean (or is it rich).
..probably lean since we're talking increased air flow. but come on.....will a slip-on make you run THAT lean? the thing barely produces any power. :dontknow:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I bought the Arata.

IMO its the best fitting pipe for the bike. Super great quality, and I love the exhaust tone.

And as far as it running differently with just the slip on... Seems pretty normal, but when it comes back down to idle after reving it burps a couple times. (makes a wub wub wub sound) :dontknow:

8,021 Posts
if youre getting a slipon, you wont see any performance increase from your butt dyno. Just get something you like to look at and sounds nice. If you really want a performance increase, get a full pipe. You wont regret it. It sounds a lot better =)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts