Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right here we go. I finally decided to go in this route(N/A). I got a few $$$ back from my tax return. I plan to spend 1g before the 2nd week of march. For you expert peeps out their I need advice on what to do with 1g to make my car go faster at the track. NO :bsflag: I want to get atleast 22WHP w/ the intake(NEUSPEED P-Flo) I already have. I know its possible.

EDIT: My car dynoed 163.9 WHP / 119.9 lbs.torq. FACTORY STOCK. It was dynoed back in november, with 2,500 - 3,000 miles on it.

·
ECU Tuner
4,281 Posts
Acuraivtec said:
All right here we go. I finally decided to go in this route(N/A). I got a few $$$ back from my tax return. I plan to spend 1g before the 2nd week of march. For you expert peeps out their I need advice on what to do with 1g to make my car go faster at the track. NO :bsflag: I want to get atleast 22WHP w/ the intake(NEUSPEED P-Flo) I already have. I know its possible.
While I vehemently disagree with Jean Nidetch on just about anything that came out of her mouth, I will offer the opinion that the Hondata reflash is far and away the most economical way to add power to an RSX, especially if you already have a decent intake. You won't get 22 whp at the top end, but you might get close to that in the midrange where it really matters.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
It took all of my mods to get exactly 23 whp from stock, 195 from 172. The difference might have been more if I dynoed with the same wheels I got my baseline with. And unfortunately, it cost me more than $1000 :shakehead .

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn,MmmotorNutz u just totally changed my view, I ll spend the 1g on nitrous with safe gadgets.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
That figure is just for peak. I was able to extract as much as 33 whp and 32 wtq in the midrange. But yea NOS is a cheap way to go fast, just dont abuse it.

·
ECU Tuner
4,281 Posts
MmmotorNutz said:
But yea NOS is a cheap way to go fast, just dont abuse it.
Excellently put, with triple emphasis on the second part of the sentence. I've always viewed NOS as the automotive equivalent of an intoxicating drug. Makes you feel good, but it's all too easy to overdo it and blow it in a big way. Personally, I don't think I'd ever install a NOS system in any of my cars.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
conradb212 said:
Personally, I don't think I'd ever install a NOS system in any of my cars.
When my friend's civic started to turn off by itself as if there was a ghost in the car, I told myself I will never put NOS in any of my daily drivers :spin: .

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
If you get NOS it'll turn into an addiction and you'll want more and more and pretty soon you'll be puttin a 100 shot or some other big jet on your car and that will be the end. If you get NOS use it responsibly.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still deciding I just dont feel like spending over 2-3g for 50WHP. Thats why nitrous considered in my choice.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still deciding I just dont feel like spending over 2-3g for 50WHP. Thats why nitrous is part of my option w/ the money I have.

·
Registered
487 Posts
get a 2.5" cat back exhaust, and a comptech race header, with the casper 02 censor. then get motor mounts. ES motor mounts work good.

·
Registered
487 Posts
dont get nos, i have a pic somewhere of the head off my 95 integra gsr. the valves are all burnt up and flaking. if you want to use nos u better get a safc or someother fuel managment system. becuase you need more fuel while running nos, or else over time your valves will just flake away. and its addictive like everyone else has said. ;)

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the n20 peeps over the nitrous oxide tread have no problems, how much octane was your GS-R running ? Since I bought my car it always get 93octane. And thats good for n20.

dc5guy - Race Headers are to loud for me, so thats out of my option.

·
Registered
487 Posts
i always ran 93 octain, but i didnt know i should have had a fuel managment system, becuase i was running to lean to have nos. to bad a race header would be great, but if loudness is a worried issue just buy a silencer for your exhaust. i mean the race header does wonder. if you want to see how great a race header is over a stock rsx or evena little modified there are an ass of vids here: http://www.badog.com/videos.html

buti mean without the race header you are really never going to get the full potential of your motor.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a race header alone is about 600-900 dollars without installation right ? and how much HP do I get ?

Anyways I already decided I am gonna spray 50shot , changing the plugs, and getting the GreddyEVO2 exhaust.

·
Registered
487 Posts
nos, voids warranty, but the race header nets you about 10-20 hp, depending on if you have intake or not, all 3 components work with each other. intake race header 2.5 exhaust. good luck with your nos, and dont over do it. instalation on a race header is fairly easy, you can do it with tools.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
race header voids the warranty to.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
You can also look at it this way. Let's say after a year let's drive our cars exactly the same. You would have spent the same amount of money refilling your bottle as I did and then I still have my power and you have to fill up again. NOS is high maintenance power.

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
1,495 Posts
1G? And you already have the intake?

600 on Hondata. That's a given. 400 left. Is the exhaust included in this budget? If it is, you're screwed. ESMM's are cheap, but PITA to install.
As far as the header goes- yeah, race header is loud, but it's the best thing you can do for your motor. If the noise isn't an option, might I suggest the JR header with the high-flow cat. Not as loud, OK power, but out of your budget. That leaves a shorty header.

Now, I know that shorties don't give much power, but when combined with other mods, the slighty better exhaust flow will allow your other mods to work more efficiently. It is something for you to think about to keep you within your budget.

I've given my 2 cents. Now let the shorty header flames begin.

·
Registered
487 Posts
no flames, the shorty header does suck, but with all 3 components: I/H/E your car will run great. the hondata is a good thing to have if you have these items. disregard the race header, get shorty header, exhaust, hondata, and ESMM. your car will be alot smoother and faster.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts