Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Deciding to switch to turbo

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Axix23 
#1 ·
Whats up guys. Im currently deciding whether to switch to a turbo set up. I have been supercharged for quiet a while. Ct supercharger. Thinking of going turbo now . Just need some input and see what’s best out there for me. Not looking to get crazy numbers just a good reliable set up I guess . Supercharger has never given me any problems and I don’t daily the car. I’ve been looking at the rev9 turbnonetics kit from Kseriesparts.com. Anybody have any inputs on this kit? Any recommendations. Main reason for changing having some problems installing an aftercooler set up and just kinda deciding if I want that spool set up . Just wondering for now.. any input is greatly appreciated thanks

#2 ·
My honestly opinion... I had so much more fun when I was supercharged than when I was turbo. Yeah sure I pushed out 500hp turbo charged but driving it was so much more complicated if she did run correctly. When I supercharged (JRSC) I was always out having a blast even if it was only around 320whp. I also had a aftercooler which helped a lot.

#3 ·
It’s night and day going from my Jrsc to Turbo. Once you go turbo, you don’t go back! It’s the best feeling in the world other than sex when the turbo spools up....

#7 ·
For street competition, supercharging is pretty effective. You might be able to find new CT Engineering supercharger kits at TRU Motorsports International (317-787-8668). It's the aftercooler that might be hard to get your fingers on. If you have E85 fuel in your area you will generate even more power.

#8 ·
Sc kit, go with merc racing setups. For turbo. Go with Full Race Turbo. I heard Humble kits are decent too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.