Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so as some of you already know I am in the market for a new car. I have considered a lot of different options, japanese and euro mainly, and I have pretty much narrowed it down two two different cars.

It's been tough trying to decide because both cars have their pros and cons.

1. A 2006 Magnesium Metallic (Charcoal) RSX Type S

Pros: Hatchback
I like the RSX Charcoal a little better (as far as color goes)
More parts available as of now (also made in japan = JDM goodies)
Cons: It would be used = higher mileage
Used Car = higher interest rates
Harder to find the one I want

2. A 2006 or most likely a 2007 Civic Si coupe in Galaxy Grey Metallic (another charcoal color)

Pros: Most likely if I were to go with the civic it would be a brand new car
New car = substantially better interest rate (and the appeal of a brand spanking new car)
More for your money
Stock LSD (Limited Slip Differential)
Faster than the RSX (new and improved motor)
Easier to come by

Cons: The civic styling is growing on me more and more, but I do really like the RSX styling

I test drove the Si for the first time yesterday and before the test drive, I was leaning towards finding a used RSX in the color and trim I am interested in but now I am questioning which route I want to go. I am not gonna lie the Si was faster and handled very well.

I know when it comes down to it its my choice to make I was just interested in what you guys thought I should do, or why you would go with one over the other.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
go wit the rsx, looks better than a si, also try to maybe get an 06 type-s with very low miles... In relation to speed both are about the same and I highly doubt that the si is faster... Interior on a rsx is hot and once again the rsx looks 10x better than a civic...

·
408 and 831
647 Posts
the si and the type-s have the same exact engine give or take but its essentially the same

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
i would go with a new si. im not saying that because i have one. im just saying it out of experience of buying a used car at one point. before this i bought a used rsx, and it was clearly beat to hell. if you are buying a used rsx-s the chances are that it has been ragged on.

G

·
Well, you either want an RSX or you want a Civic. Regardless of speed in stock trim, they are two different cars.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know they have very similar engines but isn't it true that the K20Z3 (the Si motor) is a new and improved K20Z1 (Type S motor)? Correct me if I am wrong. Not to mention the stock LSD in the Si.

Yo Dude: Maybe it was just me or maybe "it just seemed that way" if you know what I mean. But I have test driven both cars now and I drove the Type S with two people in it, the salesman and I and don't get me wrong I liked it. I drove the Si with 4 people in it and I liked it even more. It not only felt like it handled a little better even with 4 people in it but it felt zippier.Like I said though maybe that was just my impression.

aairraa: I am getting rid of the teg because its getting older and I got an offer I couldn't refuse, my parents offered to chip in on a car for my 21st birthday. I love the teg and it kills me to even think about getting rid of it but a new car would be very nice.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
to me, it looks life you really would prefer a si over an rsx, so go wit what you like. You'll enjoy whichever car you get but ull enjoy it even more if its brand new.. Good luck hommie.

·
FDA Approved
668 Posts
Alright so as some of you already know I am in the market for a new car. I have considered a lot of different options, japanese and euro mainly, and I have pretty much narrowed it down two two different cars.

It's been tough trying to decide because both cars have their pros and cons.

1. A 2006 Magnesium Metallic (Charcoal) RSX Type S

Pros: Hatchback
I like the RSX Charcoal a little better (as far as color goes)
More parts available as of now (also made in japan = JDM goodies)
Cons: It would be used = higher mileage
Used Car = higher interest rates
Harder to find the one I want

2. A 2006 or most likely a 2007 Civic Si coupe in Galaxy Grey Metallic (another charcoal color)

Pros: Most likely if I were to go with the civic it would be a brand new car
New car = substantially better interest rate (and the appeal of a brand spanking new car)
More for your money
Stock LSD (Limited Slip Differential)
Faster than the RSX (new and improved motor)
Easier to come by

Cons: The civic styling is growing on me more and more, but I do really like the RSX styling

I test drove the Si for the first time yesterday and before the test drive, I was leaning towards finding a used RSX in the color and trim I am interested in but now I am questioning which route I want to go. I am not gonna lie the Si was faster and handled very well.

I know when it comes down to it its my choice to make I was just interested in what you guys thought I should do, or why you would go with one over the other.
Here, read these threads. It's been discussed already...
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=465736
and...
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=463990

·
Registered
327 Posts
SI no doubt.
I've got some seat time in my 03 S type and none in a new SI. With that said, for a car made in North America by the American market it does the twisty thing really good.:thumbsup:
S = discontinued, SI entering second production year. SI faster, L.S.D. NAVI, Recaros and I think the two teir dash is dope. Take your pick two or four door. If I could choose between a left over, unregisterd, 0 mile 06 S type or a brand new SI it's not really much of a choice..........................New SI:thumbsup:

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
SI no doubt.
I've got some seat time in my 03 S type and none in a new SI. With that said, for a car made in North America by the American market it does the twisty thing really good.:thumbsup:
S = discontinued, SI entering second production year. SI faster, L.S.D. NAVI, Recaros and I think the two teir dash is dope. Take your pick two or four door. If I could choose between a left over, unregisterd, 0 mile 06 S type or a brand new SI it's not really much of a choice..........................New SI:thumbsup:
To be politcally correct, the Si is entering its 21st year of production :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts