Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that im about to get out of school for summer im finally gonna get to save up some money to modd...i came up with a couple of options and wanted some advice on which one to choose.....Current mods in my sig....

Option 1. ITR rear sway, torque damper, and esmm
Option 2. Greddy SP2
Option 3. Save up for Rims ( maybe some Motegi, ssr, volk you know....)

Obviously the rims are not in the same price range thats why i said SAVE UP.......Im leaning towards option 1 because I think its better to get the basics down but the SP2 and the rims will make it look NICE.....BTW i have an 04 ABP type S please include reasons why... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
541 Posts
I would go with option 3. You have added some performance parts, as well as some handling/suspension parts... time to make it look good....i mean better.

Reactions: Ginga04

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I could see that would be good since there are a lot of rsx at my university and they all have the stock rims but then again i dont really care bout them

·
A.K.A. Esco
4,209 Posts
I saw go with option 1. Just finish up the suspension job so your good to go on to other things. Also there's no point in an exhaust unless your getting a header to go with it. I think the stock rims look alright anyways....I would do that later on. Im a performance type of person....but If you wanna look pimp, then I guess you should save up for some nice rims.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah thats true...i put exhaust on there more or less as an aesthetic mod untill i get a header since like you said wont really matter until i do get a header. I was also thinking of painting the stockies black but you never know....i might HAVE to sell it in an emergency (just a thought)

·
Registered
436 Posts
i say you should evaluate how you use your car.

1) street/cruisin/show around the neiborhood car
2) autocrossin/some days at the track/weekend warrior
3) full out race/track/autocrossin enthusiast

if you opt for 2/3 then finish up ur suspension. if you want the loud bongggg all the time get the sp2. but i think you're better off getting some new shoes, so start saving!

oh btw, don't paint your stockies...i painted mine black and when winter rolls around, my car looks ghetto with black stockies like everyother ghetto ass fuck in my area.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the car wont be autocrossin but i might take it to the track every once in a while with the friends and their cars but that will be like once or twice a year soo basically never......i do however like to have fun with the turns around town lol
the thing with rims is that i havent really decided if i want to go with the black on my ABP or the silver (regular? you know what i mean) look....any suggestions???

·
Registered
436 Posts
with auto crossin and track days, you don't need much but changing the size of your oil pan so the oil doesn't stick to the walls of the pan due to the g's you pull, some good racing pads, and steel braided brake lines and maybe rotors. you just have to think and weigh out how often are you going to put use to the things you buy and go from there.

with the wheels, i used to be in the whole ghetto paint your wheels black with your friend cause you have nothing better to do with your bud on your low budget weekend. used to be in the whole JDM fiesta world too with getting bronze, gold or white shoes, but some say in which i agree, JDM is becoming the next "RICE" cause everyone is in it, theres no personality or individualism. thats why i decided to go with simple silver wheels. a lot of people are re-stocking their car too. why do you think more and more people want the 05+ stock type s wheels instead of searching for aftermarket ones? i think OEM/stock is coming back as a trend. point is, keep it simple, keep it clean.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i feel ya man.....actually i already made my mistake CO$tly mistake when i got my car....first thing i did was to throw some shoes on my ride....after about a month i got tired of them quick....of course they were some cheap Kobe's lol (yeah i know and if yall havent heard of them...thank god that you havent lol) thats why now if im goingt to get rims im definently doing it right..... a few rims that were on my mind

·
Registered
436 Posts
yeah volks are cool and all..but honestly they are a bit overrated. yes i give them credit for making legit products but you're really buying the name NOT JUST the quality of volks. if i was to say hey KOBE's are better quality then volks, are you gonna jump? no, exactly! its the name. buy what looks nice to you!!! thats the number one suggestion i can give you. for me though, i like the rota torques in silver with my silver honda center caps. such a smooth, clean and soooo simple look. i think thats why most car manufacturer companies went with silver for stockies, you just wont get bored in the long run.

if you still stick to your list, i vote for those 6 spoke volks..those are fresh. reminds me of advan rg's

·
king of rentals
48,362 Posts
esmm, header, exhaust, save up for kpro

or

esmm, itr rear sway

save for boost

rims are good n all, but it wont really make you faster... i'd much rather have kpro than rims

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.