Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
part-time baller
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so a flying piece of trim scratch my rear door hard today. I gonna have it repaint but I need options and a place that does it. I've hear that you can remove the paint of the scratch area and paint it to match existing paint, is that possible at all? If not where is a good place to get the door repainted? I think a job like this should not take more than a day or two to complete. please give your two cents....:(

·
part-time baller
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
13,839 Posts
if u want the paint to match w/ the other door/quarter/or fender youre gonna have to blend the other parts. but if u dont have a pearl coat then u might not need to.

but either way, youre gonna have to repaint the whoel door. otherwise it'll kjust look different. u just cant paint that one tiny area (where the scratch is) and hope it'll match the rest.

the dent on my driver door last wk, only 1 part was scratched from the dent and i was hoping they could buff the dent out and just repaint the dented part of the door. but nope. (even if i didnt get a new door), if i only painted that 1 spot, it def wouldnt match.

·
DIYer
1,506 Posts
pics??? a simple cut and buff might do the trick just depends. just my two cents

·
My RICE goes PSHHHH
66,285 Posts

·
dbl-O
5,500 Posts
if you only want to paint the scratch, then diy it; im sure body shops wont waste their time on such a request because they know that in the end you'll be unsatisfied and complain about it.

·
dbl-O
5,500 Posts
scratch the other side to match it up
lol!! good idea!

actually, just get a huge sticker for your car. ask wong89 to hook you up since he's got a sponsor. if they are willing to sponsor wong89 im sure they'd consider you too :p

·
part-time baller
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Might have to re paint... overall im not impressed with Mitsu paint........
one rock chip and its pretty much down to the metal, The primer and the paint are both one coat. The car has no clear coat if you are wondering.

actually I don't even care if the colour don't match 100%, its better than looking at three monster scratches all day.

Got a phone quote from mazda (mitsu don't have in house bodywork) and its 250 for a blow in job, should I go for it? I know the general manager there so I am pretty sure they won't slack on the job :(

"blow-in job link"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTTlsIHqg0c

pics up tonight

Might have to re paint... overall im not impressed with Mitsu paint........
repainting is a must, did the finger nail test and is down to bare metal.

·
fucks.given =< 0;
3,773 Posts
that guy is in whitby rampage, he looks really good just watched some of his videos. definitely pro... go see him man! for sure

·
part-time baller
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that guy is in whitby rampage, he looks really good just watched some of his videos. definitely pro... go see him man! for sure
lol already planning to bring it to agincourt mazda, the GM gave me a call today saying he's gonna be looking after the prices personally. I was given a discount of 300 from 404 something, cant really complain. I just know for fact that if i were driving my rsx, it would've only been a clear coat scratch. :thumbsdow

·
What are you made of...
22,074 Posts
Post before and after pics...

·
part-time baller
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Post before and after pics...
sorry brah I was too sleepy in the morning and forgot the pics of before. The "blow in" that they did was perfect, car's back to shape. The seat feels a little funny seems like someone took a joyride. The GM was telling me all their mechs were checking my car out ....UmmmMmM fishy :shady:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts