Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
U Smell Clutch?
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow this was my first time installing a tach. I have to say that it was pretty easy. Thanks to the wealth of information that clubrsx has. I was able to do it in about an hour and a half. Plus it was freezing cold when i was doing it in my driveway at about 8 pm. I went driving around with it and the shift light is bright but not enough to blind you which is always a plus. Well anyways here are the pics and your feedback is highly appreciated good or bad.

·
U Smell Clutch?
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did it for the shift light. Plus aftermarket tach's are more accurate. Have you ever looked at your stock tach and see that you hit redline at 7900rpm but you can go past it up to aruond 8200? The reason for this is because the stock tach is inaccurate on my defi when i hit 7900 if i go anymore past that there is throttle cut off.

·
U Smell Clutch?
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you guys are saying that since our cars come with tachs there is no need to get aftermarket ones? I mean if that is the case then why do people change rims, headunits, etc.... :confused:

·
San Diego OG RSX
2,813 Posts
Loztboy said:
So you guys are saying that since our cars come with tachs there is no need to get aftermarket ones? I mean if that is the case then why do people change rims, headunits, etc.... :confused:
haha somebody got OWNED owned:

·
U Smell Clutch?
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tell you the truth i don't look at the speedo that often. If i'm on the highway or local i tend to just go with the flow of traffic. I never say to myself when i am driving ok i need to go 30 mph I can tell that i am going fast when i start passing all the other cars on the road. I don't know if I am explaining this correctly but hopefully you can get me.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
TrustRSX said:
Why do you have your parents' cars in your sig? :confused:

cuz its an sig and i put whatever i want in it kiss my ass
maybe its the same reason why your gay

its listed cuz i drive all of those cars very often
u could say we share all the cars even tho no 1 drive the rsx but me

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Biga27110 said:
cuz its an sig and i put whatever i want in it kiss my ass
maybe its the same reason why your gay

its listed cuz i drive all of those cars very often
u could say we share all the cars even tho no 1 drive the rsx but me
Even if I was gay, I wouldn't put it in my sig. I was just curious why you did it.

BTW, it's not really fair that they bought the car for you and only you get to drive it, while you get to drive their car.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Loztboy said:
yeah but you dont see two head units in the car at the same time and you dont see more than one set of rims on a car at any given time. :rolleyes:

but as far as the tach it looks nice..defi makes some nice shit. id question the location, but i can understand the need for a shift light-i had a pivot one at some point. :laughing:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
do you still call your parents by 'daddy' and 'mommy'?

"Mommy can I please have the keys to the minivan tonight?"

·
My motor is my stereo
439 Posts
15-20_God said:

what the heck happend to the Defi tachometer talk? Of my knowledge, the tack on the RSX clearly ends at 7900 rpms, the fuel CUTS OFF at 8200....my EP3 civic Si "redlines" at 6800 rpms, but it cuts off at 7200......get the picture :wavey:

·
My motor is my stereo
439 Posts
15-20_God said:

I LOVE YOUR MODS LIST MAN!! LMAO!! and your avatar, isnt that from the movie off of Mistery Science Theatre 3000? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
TrustRSX said:
Even if I was gay, I wouldn't put it in my sig. I was just curious why you did it.

BTW, it's not really fair that they bought the car for you and only you get to drive it, while you get to drive their car.

well see i actually paid for my car so ya im not the kinda person u think i am

i drive there cars cuz im there son and they trust me im sorry your parents arent the same to you

i guess thats what happens when your gay your parents disown you

1 - 20 of 46 Posts