Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wheres the Bulkhead?
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I got a Small quarter size dent in my car right bellow the gas tank. It happened the other night when my friend was carrying something in a wheel barrel and bumped the car by accident. No paint damage just a tiny dent so I contacted a local Paintless Dent Removal guy (Not Dent Wizard) who quoted me 175 for the dent because it was on the body line where the fender flares out a bit. He also said if he cant get it looking to commercial quality the repair will be free of charge. You think its worth that much?

I also went to the Dent Wizard website to see if there were any local shops around. The only one I found was at a local Jeep dealership. Do you guys think they will do work to my car? I was going to call them but haven't had a chance yet. I have heard they do good work and charge 95 per panel. What are your thoughts I will attach a picture of the small dent

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
yea man that sounds about right... it sucks too. i have one on my car thats 6 months old... some ass hat left me a door ding on a body line on my fender. i was told 150 to 175 depending on how complex it got. thats pretty much the norm for dents and mine is actually smaller then yours... mine is about the size of a quarter. they will either come in from under the fender or inside the trunk drill a hole and work it out if they can. from my understanding its kind of a pain to do.

good luck to you... the price is why i have been holding off getting mine fixed. i know when i do it i will turn around and get another. :(

·
Wheres the Bulkhead?
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I hate it. It just annoys me so much when I have to look at it too. Even though the normal person wouldn't really notice it I notice it a lot and I think it makes my car look like shit.

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
i guess if you can get your hands on one you might be able to find one of those little suction cup things they use at a body repair place... i dont know who all sells them, my uncle has one... its about the size of a softball around and it just tries to pop the dent out to where it used to be... its not perfect but its cheap.

·
Wheres the Bulkhead?
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya i was thinking about getting one of those ding king things on eBay and trying that but i heard they don't work well and I don't want it to come out like shit. Id rather leave it as is for now and just get it fixed by a professional in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Price doesn't sound too bad. I paid $50 a dent for some door dings that were smaller and not on the crease. I watched him do it and I imagine its a lot harder to get it to match up with the crease

·
Wheres the Bulkhead?
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ya, I think I'm just going to eat the cost and pay for it. I made an appointment for April 14th so I got to live with it for a little over two weeks its going to bother me every day I look at it haha.

The there is always hoping that he will do a good job but not a perfect job. Then I would get the work done for free.

·
Mr. Type-S
732 Posts
ive heard that is an option too... does that stuff not mess up the paint? i never really got told how that stuff works...
i'm not too sure but from what i heard, it makes the metal cold, which makes metal contract, and make it go to its semi-original shape. can't be bad for the paint if it's factory. If it was repainted without primer, it'll probably crack the paint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts