Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just nedding some advice on my car i backed into someone yesterday morning and dented the top righrt of the trunk right where it says RSX type S and popped the rear bumber out looking for the cheapest way possible 2 fix this any info? thanks!

·
NOOB learning
130 Posts
In for an answer to this one too... colided with a corvette and have small dents on rear driver's quarter right where it meets the bumper. Was thinking rubber mallet and heat gun. Any advice? sry for piggyback

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
Did you all get your license's from a cracker jack box?

T/S, pop the bumper back in. You will probably have to live with the hatch dent, or find a used hatch to buy.

Jackthesoldier (thank you for all you do for this country) I would be careful with the heatgun/mallet combo, it may make things worse. I've heard dry ice does well, but maybe finding one of those pop-a-dent places might be the best bet.

·
NOOB learning
130 Posts
Did you all get your license's from a cracker jack box?

T/S, pop the bumper back in. You will probably have to live with the hatch dent, or find a used hatch to buy.

Jackthesoldier (thank you for all you do for this country) I would be careful with the heatgun/mallet combo, it may make things worse. I've heard dry ice does well, but maybe finding one of those pop-a-dent places might be the best bet.
lol NP for the soldier stuff, and I wouldnt have hit him if he had been on his side of the dotted white line.

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
lol NP for the soldier stuff, and I wouldnt have hit him if he had been on his side of the dotted white line.
Some people like to take their half out of the middle, I have to deal with farm machinery doing the same thing all day.

Just re-read where you said it is at the corner where it meets the bumper, that is going to be a hard spot to fix. How bad is it?

·
NOOB learning
130 Posts
2 small dents on the flat areas directly above the top edge of the bumper, right behind the back wheel. Total areas affected are both about the size of my palm. Both are "pushed in" type dents and by that I mean no sharp edges or broken paint.

·
Sidemarker Mechanic
47,417 Posts
Those points are the strongest points on the trunk and it would be hard to bend it back without doing any more damage. You are better off finding someone local thats selling the whole trunk for aorund $150 (going price) and replace it.

·
Registered
NA :(
1,032 Posts
i sent an email cuz u cant private message, write a few more post...or check your email, sent pics and details

1 - 11 of 11 Posts