Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:im thinking about ordering some depo projector headlights and I was wondering from some pictures it looks like some of them are black and some are black chrome looking. is it just how the pic is taken with some glare that some look like not such a shiny black or did they make different kinds? thanks.

·
Registered
472 Posts
:confused:im thinking about ordering some depo projector headlights and I was wondering from some pictures it looks like some of them are black and some are black chrome looking. is it just how the pic is taken with some glare that some look like not such a shiny black or did they make different kinds? thanks.
Pretty sure they make a black and chrome version. Personal preference, I went with black.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I ended up getting a set and from what I can tell is the inside part near the bulbs is where it can be chrome or or black the outer area is always gonna be chrome, like the stock 04-05 headlights. Just some pictures the headlights were reflecting something dark so the looked like a dark chrome almost gunmetal.

·
Registered
28 Posts
how do these headlights hold up? i've heard mixed things... like the seals not holding up and getting moisture inside. my stock 04-05 lights are pretty oxidized and i love the look of the depo projectors but i dont want to drop cash on them if they're not gonna hold up. in that case ill get my stock lights professionally restored.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine have held up pretty good but I also put some silacone on the seals to help because I heard that they let some moisture in. I'm also gonna buy some of the 3m clear plastic covers to go over them to help with the oxidizing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts