Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... RSX noob here... I went ahead and impulse bought a set of DEPO tail lights... from eBay... a little cringeworthy, I know. I have a silver 02 type S with a OEM black spoiler, and black emblems. I thought that the DEPOs would look good on my car. Someone please tell me that they aren't as bad as I'm starting to think they are... lol.

Any recommendations for a silver RSX with a black hood? I also want to change out the head lights as they are pretty faded, but don't really have the means to get a retrofit HID conversion kit. What can you guys recommend? Everything about my car is stock except the above mentioned. HELP ME PLEASE lol.

Attachments

·
CRSX Seen better days
22,288 Posts
Probably not the answer you are looking for but if you could return those for a refund and safe a little more money I think you could get a decent set of USED retrofit headlights from someone on here. Also Im not talking about the ebay depo halo projector ones

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll probably return them. Fuck!!!. I'm so dumb idk why I even thought about buying them aha.. What would you recommend for an 02 silver type S? I love the look of the 05+ tail lights but they aren't compatible with 02-04 :(

How would a decklid with OEM 02 tails look? Anything else you'd suggest?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
The 05 tail lights will bolt right up; I think the rear bumper is the only other part you'd need for that to work. People do front-and-back 05-06 conversions on their 02-04s all the time. If you're looking for ideas, the best thing to do is browse the Member Show-Off section, look what people have done and photographed, and see what YOU like.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If that's what you like then rock it bro. No shame. I'd personally just do what everyone does and put some red vinyl on the back so the whole headlight can look red. Not just because most people do that, but because it actually looks really nice. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went ahead and ordered turn signal red outs like the above user suggested, along with a decklid wing... Those 2 items cost me the same as the shitty DEPO lights... Man I'm dumb. I think the redouts with the decklid will look great. Thanks for your guys' inputs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts