Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
oh hai
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooray, let the detailing begin!

Okay today my Meguiar's kit came from Amazon and I'm excited to get started making my car shiny. But I'm a noob when it comes to this and I've only had my car a few weeks.

I just have one question: Should I claybar the car before I start with any of this stuff? The '04 DSM has never been hand washed or detailed before, btw.

1. Gold Class Liquid Wax
2. Gold Class Car Wash
3. Gold Class Endurance High Gloss
4. Quick Interior Detailer
5. 1 white washing mitt thing
6. 4 Microfiber towels
7. 1 small yellow sponge thing

·
oh hai
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well if you want to do a wash and wax. Yeah you could get the meguiars claybar kit and do that before you apply the liquid wax.
hm...but is this necessary? will the difference with claybarring be significant compared to without it?

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Definately clay bar the car AFTER washing it... The stickys have some good write up in there... you should check them out first before you jump right in. Take your time with every little detail, read the back of all the bottles (polishes are done differently than waxes) and if you're near a costco, they have a pretty decent random orbital polisher for cheap (We have them here in Hawaii). It spins at 3000 rpm which is on the faster side, and this device is not speed adjustable. It does come with 4-terry mits for polishing and 6- sheep skin mits for buffing all for 25 dollars. Happy detailing.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
you should probably invest in this

how about for your wheels/tires?? gotta make em shine ! oh and i forgot some invisible glass , i swear that stuff is awesome, i had to double check if my windows were closed a couple times

·
oh hai
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think i'm gonna start off by doing everything by hand. maybe as i get more experienced i'll invest in a machine polisher thing.

as for tires, i just realized that i didn't put the full name of the product for #3 at the top. it's endurance high gloss tire protectant gel. so i'm covered for the tires. i'll probably look around pretty soon too for some invisible glass stuff.

hm but for the claybar, i think i'm going to use the wash and wax i have now just to get a feel for the whole process and get a little experience. then later on i'll find myself a claybar kit (most likely that mothers one)

thanks for the suggestions so far. feel free to keep em coming :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts