Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Yes, the hood ding. I'm not a big fan of moving the PS even close to the hood... I mean folks with stock cars break that damn hose, so you can imagine moving it even close isn't very ideal -- not to mention the belt wrap isn't any better.
Wrap is not more but belt adaptation to shrink and expansion is better.

We are getting away with 6 rib belts... think about that...

·
glory to the hypnotoad
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks Baboon.

Raz, The hood issue has been 100% resolved. I have taken the expense having a brace made and the loss of some sales till I figured out a solution.
I really don't know how you can say that at this point. It may not hit for you, but people bust their power steering line even in OEM cars. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you *did* move the power steering closer to the hood, right?

I'm really interested to know this.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I see what you are talking about now... some how they break the hose..

First time I hear about this.

I know JR on their instructions tell people to move the reservoir further out... I think that is the main cause.

The ps hose movement from my bracket is negligible and the angle is just perfect to the reservoir and the reservoir is on the stock location.

As for stock cars busting it... wow... that is pure insanity... but I can see it happening... The stock passenger mount is just a hidraulic filled bubble and the engine will move up and around quite a bit... may be the hose plastic brace weakens and breaks off from all the movement.

Raz, I have over 30 happy customers... very few as you can see onthe posts with this unusual dent and hood issue... maybe 4 or 5 at most. But I took their issue very seriously. It is safe and very reliable.

·
glory to the hypnotoad
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I see what you are talking about now... some how they break the hose..

First time I hear about this.

I know JR on their instructions tell people to move the reservoir further out... I think that is the main cause.

The ps hose movement from my bracket is negligible and the angle is just perfect to the reservoir and the reservoir is on the stock location.

As for stock cars busting it... wow... that is pure insanity... but I can see it happening... The stock passenger mount is just a hidraulic filled bubble and the engine will move up and around quite a bit... may be the hose plastic brace weakens and breaks off from all the movement.

Raz, I have over 30 happy customers... very few as you can see onthe posts with this unusual dent and hood issue... maybe 4 or 5 at most. But I took their issue very seriously. It is safe and very reliable.
The PS host breaking is the metal one that runs from the pump back behind the motor, not the reservoir one. I've never had this issue, but others had. I'm just weary of anything that moves that thing around in the least. I suppose the only way I will know for sure is if I try your bracket, isn't it.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
The PS host breaking is the metal one that runs from the pump back behind the motor, not the reservoir one. I've never had this issue, but others had. I'm just weary of anything that moves that thing around in the least. I suppose the only way I will know for sure is if I try your bracket, isn't it.
ah ok. that is really weird... well. with the bracket. that hose gets less stretching strain on its new location.

·
gimme a ***ana !!!
3,796 Posts
i think the amount of people with issues with the manual tensioner vs jmercado is much much more...atleast for those going above the 5-6psi stock pulleys

·
Average Member
1,149 Posts
Were you running a fresh gatorback belt? I believe it's impossible to get 9psi without slip without destroying your manual tensioner if you're using any belt besides the gatorback with it's nummy teeth.
Yes, i was and still replace my belt every 4-6 months.

·
Average Member
1,149 Posts
then again, i could have been over-tightening it.....but still i'm haven't had ANY issues with my auto tensioner thus far.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
To be completely honest, I'm almost complete sold on the jmercado bracket. I was actually trying to calculate/guestimate what my belt length would be with a k24 pulley and 3.2 blower pulley.
I think you can get away with 4070810 gatorback. just a guess based on 3" SC pulley and A2 CP.

·
glory to the hypnotoad
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I think you can get away with 4070810 gatorback. just a guess based on 3" SC pulley and A2 CP.
I was thinking that would be entirely too small... k24 cp is bigger and my blower pulley is bigger!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I'll just take a ride in JP's car, screw the nonsense!
MATEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I thought you were a goner... lol

Youre right... this was a really bad desicion.... I shouldve have gotten out! Too late now. So many nice cars out I could be driving instead... All the money I spent on this car I could have gotten something really nice and still fun.

I may still get rid of it this late summer... I wanna ride in style... JP did the right thing. There is no respec from growups on this car... Im getting the mid life crisis jokes... lol

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
I'll just take a ride in JP's car, screw the nonsense!
:shady:

MATEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I thought you were a goner... lol

Youre right... this was a really bad desicion.... I shouldve have gotten out! Too late now. So many nice cars out I could be driving instead... All the money I spent on this car I could have gotten something really nice and still fun.

I may still get rid of it this late summer... I wanna ride in style... JP did the right thing. There is no respec from growups on this car... Im getting the mid life crisis jokes... lol
:D:D

21 - 37 of 37 Posts