Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
my car goes vro0m vo0m!
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got me a new set of yoko tires, need them mounted/balanced and alignment. I have heard nothing but good things from NTB in Grapevine which i am leaning towards them. Any recommendations? :)

Also see that JakeDM works at NTB in plano, but no way to get in contact :confused:

·
ACC CREW MEMBER
627 Posts
150 for all that alignment sounds good I'll never go to discount again

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ntb in grapevine. That's where we take all of our vw's. If they can't align it, no one can. Especially at our heights lol

·
a2 EP3 FTW
687 Posts
I'll never go to discount again
And you'll continue to get ripped off and receive horrible service. Id rather go to firestone then NTB. Discount Tire Co is the #1 tire retailer in the United States for a reason. They have the most stores, the best service, trusted experts, lowest prices GUARANTEED no questions ask's and where else can you go to get a free tire rotation & free flat repairs even if you didn't buy your tires thru them? I rest my case.

·
Stick it in her Yeah
522 Posts
And you'll continue to get ripped off and receive horrible service. Id rather go to firestone then NTB. Discount Tire Co is the #1 tire retailer in the United States for a reason. They have the most stores, the best service, trusted experts, lowest prices GUARANTEED no questions ask's and where else can you go to get a free tire rotation & free flat repairs even if you didn't buy your tires thru them? I rest my case.
NTB is a piece of shit. Firestone is a little more expensive, but far and away a better store. Firestone will price match anything that Discount charges, and your car gets worked on by real techs, not ex cons. I'd rather not take my car to the Jiffy Lube of tires.

Wait a second... Are you sure about the whole flat repair and tire rotation thing? Sounds like bullshit to me. A business can't make money with a bays full of free tickets.

·
BECAUSE! racecar...
4,220 Posts
Discount for sure does free flat repair to get you to do more business with them but iuno about the tire rotation. It doesnt sound to far fetched though. I like firestone cuz of their one time pay lifetime alignment =D

·
a2 EP3 FTW
687 Posts
I work for discount tire. We do free flat repairs, and free tire rotation's REGARDLESS of where you bought your tires. Come try us out, I'm not feeding you guys bullshit. Whether your tires are o.e. or if they are from one of our competitors we will take care of you for free when it comes to rotations and flat repairs. We've been standing behind this since 1960:thumbsup:

No i am not ripping on NTB because i work for discount. Ive only been with them for 4 years so its not like I've been working for them my whole life. I have just heard way too many horror stories from customer's that come into my store that HAD been going to NTB for years upon years. And from personal experience which I'm about to share.

For the whole time I've owned my car I have been sporting 17" wheels. Well last summer i thought id be cool to switch over to 15's that way i could go with a different look and lower my car a little more. I figured since I had a friend that worked at NTB off of 75 & 15th street that after i installed my tires myself at discount...i would go swing by his store for an alignment because i was changing to a different tire size & wheel diameter. Well i visited my friend at that store, paid the $100 something dollars to get their king package alignment bullshit only to find out that once i left the store the car was still out of whack and everything wasn't 100% in spec. My ep3 still had a slight pull that was noticeable. I was pretty disappointed and started to realize how bad of a company and how horrible NTB's service really was. I called up my buddy and explained the situation, since were pretty good friends i didn't chew him out and didn't make a scene. I then directly from NTB headed to sewell hummer, yes HUMMER where my friend is a technician their. He aligned my car for $50 dollars and had everything in spec as i originally came to NTB to have them do. Everyone at my store gave me shit for going to NTB to get any type of work done but since i had a friend that worked their and it was close to my work...i said why the hell not?

Secondly, this is just one situation of many. Earlier this week when it was raining very bad and cold outside we weren't too busy so we were able to close our doors right at 6:00 and finish up the last few cars that were still in the bays. At about 6:15 i had a lady in a minivan with a flat tire roll up to the first bay as i was closing it. She explained her situation to me. She was a single mother, was low on funds and just needed a flat repair fixed. She had just came from a NTB literally less then 2miles from my store where they had turned her away and said they could not fix her flat simply because her tires were not bought from ntb and they were bought at walmart. I could tell she was still upset about this and she even had TWO, VERY young daughters in the minivan with her. I explained that it was no big deal about her tires being bought from walmart and that i would fix her flat for FREE!!!! By 6:40 her tire was fixed, she had a smile on her face, and she was back on the road. The following morning i received a call from her father kindly thanking me for taking care of his daughter in a desperate time when all she needed was a flat tire fixed, which in return said he will no longer go to walmart nor ntb and that I earned a customer for life. Now i don't know about you guys, but that is a DAMN GOOD FEELING.

This is why i will NEVER go to NTB again for anything.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm talking about a specific ntb, not ntb in general. The one in grapevine is very car scene friendly and does an amazing job at alignments. Can't speak for the rest of the ntb locations.

·
Project Mayhem
707 Posts
i can speak that not all NTB's are good, the one in lewisville and the one in carrollton FUCKED UP my GLI, i went to the one in grapvine with store credit to have it corrected, they dialed in my stance perfect, alignment is perfect, and they have a low profile ramp so they can get super low cars in and out of there, search around, even Rally-X cars like miata's and stuff from motor sports ranch go to the NTB in grapevine, those guys at that specific store are great at what they do.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i can speak that not all NTB's are good, the one in lewisville and the one in carrollton FUCKED UP my GLI, i went to the one in grapvine with store credit to have it corrected, they dialed in my stance perfect, alignment is perfect, and they have a low profile ramp so they can get super low cars in and out of there, search around, even Rally-X cars like miata's and stuff from motor sports ranch go to the NTB in grapevine, those guys at that specific store are great at what they do.
Too bad they lost 2 of the best alignment guys around. :(

·
my car goes vro0m vo0m!
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the info, going to go to grapevine ntb this weekend. Just went to it this past sunday but it was packed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts