Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to buy a C-West side skirt for my RSX. Anybody here had a problem with the genuine C-West? I know both are made from fiberglass & I heared that the replica needs some touch-ups & will end up having wavy surfaces. How about the genuine skirt, does it need some touch-ups too?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have the real c-west lip, no they are not fiberglass, they're urethane. My sides and rear are replica and it's fiberglass. differences is, real c-west is urethane and very expensive and replica is fiberglass and very cheap. fitting aint perfect. if u got the money get the real ones.

·
one.4our.3hree
1,744 Posts
i can tell the replica from the real as soon as i see it..

the replica is a pos and doesnt look good..

btw, the replica and the real one dont look the same either..

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
SqratchDC5 said:
i got authentic cwest sides, its fiberglass not urethane
:iamwiths: i have the replica front and sides. the only way to tell the difference is on the front b/c of the small triable indentation, i cant tell the difference on the sides, same material and design. my replica required NO modifications to fit, just had to drill the holes (

·
Supercharged Crew #37
809 Posts
rsexypnoy said:
yea real or not, the front sits lower than the sides.
Hey man, can you tell me how much it sits lower than the sides?
(*Eg, ground clearence on the front and the sides...)

thx buddy, I really love your setup!

·
TEAM BoA
16 Posts
if u have a good body shop get the replica and throw in a few bucks to do any fittment work.

If not don't mess with it i've only seen a handful of replicas that will look right. An if youre paying good money it should look damn good right?

·
Registered
310 Posts
joejoe3 said:

bro im not really sure. i went outside and measure with my fingers. the front sits 1.5 or close to 2inches lower than the sides. I can drive almost anywhere tho without scraping.

·
Supercharged Crew #37
809 Posts
WOW thx bud

1.5" - 2"???
when you said either real or replica will not flow w/ the sides... that is because the sides are replica right?
So the real side skirts WILL match up w/ the replica? (*As in the replica sides are the exact same dimension as to the real?)

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
joejoe3 said:

my front just sits a little lower than the sides. its a replica though. and i noticed the front of my sides i installed a little low. so either replica or real will have a lower front than sides.

·
Supercharged Crew #37
809 Posts
Yea, I researched the board and found the replica front sits lower than the replica sides... now knowing even the real cwest lip sits lower than the replica sides, I am just wondering if the REAL cwest side will match up w/ the REAL or the REPLICA front???

·
Registered
310 Posts
joejoe3 said:
Ok basically... does the replica sides have the same dimension as the real one? As in height wise

yes. one thing about replica is that it matters where u get it from. some might fit right and some might be a little off or worse. Both are made of fiberglass. I wanted the real front c-west lip because it's urethane.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.