Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member - not a total newb, but I have a question that will probably get some slack.

Is there a way or switching the exterior door handles for a different style? Maybe one that sticks out and have a bar going across as opposed to the current flap style? Idk if I'm using the correct terminology.

Posting in this section as I'm guessing it would require come level of customization and or fabrication?

I'm sure someone will say it's expensive and not worth it. My question isn't so mush how would it cost to do, but has it been done and how difficult would it be?

Thanks in advance

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
If you wanted to pay someone to completely re-engineer the door handle system, anything is possible. I really, really want to know why you are asking. I also imagine this is how it will end up.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
:lawl:

the flap handle is great man.. unless you have creepy friends who like to store spiders in there while you grab the handle.

the bar wouldn't look too great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not exactly what I was alluding to. If you go see the current lineup at Acura.com, you will see that all of the current models have the handles to which I refer. I'm sure I did a horrible job describing them originally but that's what I mean by "a bar-handle vs a flap-handle". Civics have them, actually most car in general. Sorry if it's a stupid question, apparently an engineer would have to devise a completely new handle mechanism. I thought maybe the internals could be swapped out or something else. I'm the laymen here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lawl:

the flap handle is great man.. unless you have creepy friends who like to store spiders in there while you grab the handle.

the bar wouldn't look too great.
Call me quirky, idk why but I think it would be a style upgrade. Just wanted to know if it had been done ever, and how difficult a job it would be for an experienced fabricator/mechanic.

I'm assuming it's been thought of before and wasn't sure what the outcome had been. Can't seem to find anything using typical keywords.

BMW's, Benz's, all the current Acuras, even Hondas all have the bar handle. I think it actually looks a bit more luxurious. Anyway. Out

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
i just feel like the bar style wouldn't really flow with the lines of the rsx. but that's just me though. i mean, the new civics are boxier, so it kind of fits the body.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts