Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
whatttt?
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hai guys I currently have a 2008 G37S.

21 years old, full time student and work 32 hours a week. I'm making payments of $700 a month for the G, and have about two years and a half left to finish financing for it, but it's okay because I only have to pay for my own cell phone bill and car at the moment, still living under my parents roof.

The G is a 5 speed AT, and I'm really itching to get my hands on a new Subie WRX sedan 5 speed. Debating selling the G and using that money for a down payment towards the Subie and the remaining for monthly and mods, would you guys do it?

I don't give a crap if you're biased or not, lol I just need opinions

To sum it all up,
2008 Obsidian Black G37 5 AT to 2009 Aspen White Subaru WRX Sedan 5 Speed or 2009 Rally Blue WRX Hatch

And yes, I have the money to pay for it.

Any input appreciated.

PS. I'm also looking at the hatchback STi's, but might have to get them used with about 5,000-10,000 miles already on the meter.

The grown up side of me says keep the G, but the boy racer says fuck it take the Subie :rotfl: but I'm still young, plenty of time to buy luxury cars later on right :firemad:

edit: and the Subie will be white for sure. i'm sick of the upkeep for my G

or

I can afford the WRX's brand new, but STi may have to be used so I don't end up spending too much again.

·
Banned
12,318 Posts
I have driven the 09 wrx quite a few times now, both at the dealership and a couple friends just picked them up: the car is great. The G is definitely "more grown up" so to speak, but that does not make the wrx a "boy racer" car as you put it. It is quite powerful out of the box and definitely practical: comfortable interior, large trunk, useable powerband, awd, etc. It really comes down to what you are looking for in a car: the G will turn heads (not realy but certainly more than the wrx) and is a higher class of car for sure. The wrx will be much more fun to drive, MUCHHHHH easier/more rewarding to mod, and more versatile. On top of that the 09's are much more improved interior and ride wise: much quieter than the old ones, more refined interior, much more "grown up" ride quality compared to the older ones, so its definitely not like a friggin civic compared to the g.
I would get the 5door but thats just me. White is an excellent color choice. If I was to get one right now as a daily driver, id drop it, turboback exhaust and tune it, and enjoy the shit out of it. 300whp/300wtq with 90% of the rev range being close or around those figures is a damn fun car.

/rant

·
Omnomin' outta control
21,810 Posts
My suggestion would be to get a car that allows you to afford rent payments, unless you plan on living with the famiry forever.

Seriously, a $700 car payment and still living at home? wtf?

·
del
7,360 Posts
I have driven the 09 wrx quite a few times now, both at the dealership and a couple friends just picked them up: the car is great. The G is definitely "more grown up" so to speak, but that does not make the wrx a "boy racer" car as you put it. It is quite powerful out of the box and definitely practical: comfortable interior, large trunk, useable powerband, awd, etc. It really comes down to what you are looking for in a car: the G will turn heads (not realy but certainly more than the wrx) and is a higher class of car for sure. The wrx will be much more fun to drive, MUCHHHHH easier/more rewarding to mod, and more versatile. On top of that the 09's are much more improved interior and ride wise: much quieter than the old ones, more refined interior, much more "grown up" ride quality compared to the older ones, so its definitely not like a friggin civic compared to the g.
I would get the 5door but thats just me. White is an excellent color choice. If I was to get one right now as a daily driver, id drop it, turboback exhaust and tune it, and enjoy the shit out of it. 300whp/300wtq with 90% of the rev range being close or around those figures is a damn fun car.

/rant
So you say it's not a boy racer car, but suggest someone drop it and throw a can on it? :squinty: How mature...

·
Banned
12,318 Posts
so you are going to switch from a nice g37 to a car that looks like a kia :ugh:
Once you stop being a pussy and realise there is more to a car than its taillights and/or interior, you will realise that most people LOVE their cars for what they offer and how they drive, not what the car's tallights look like.
But hey, thats your opinion and I disagree, nothing wrong with that.
So you say it's not a boy racer car, but suggest someone drop it and throw a can on it? :squinty: How mature...
Who said anything about a can? You're not seriously implying that the only exhaust out there for this car is an autozone fartcan, are you?

I would drop it because the ride is just way too damn soft for my tastes. NOT because I want that "slammed" look like a bunch of ricers. It would be some quality springs too, not some cheap shit.

The turboback exhaust would consist of a nice free flowing downpipe to make spool instantaneous and hold power as far towards redline as possible, and an exhaust that would be a cobb whisper or something of that nature: quiet to not be annoying, JUST loud enough to hear that nice deep rumble and provide the needed flow. It would be a large cannister exhaust that would look like the stock one and not anything "can" sized or annoying.

If that sounds like a "boy racer" setup to you then I guess I'm still a boy racer:dontknow:

·
whatttt?
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My suggestion would be to get a car that allows you to afford rent payments, unless you plan on living with the famiry forever.

lol by the time i graduate the car will be paid off :thumbsup: that is..unless i sell it for the wrx. payments would be muchhhhhhh lower.

and hopefully make enough to afford rent on my own place

·
whatttt?
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
btw why doesnt the premium come with leather :(

thats the only thing i wanna ask for in the car. everything else is already there

thanks for all the input guys.

·
whatttt?
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and vla..i mean boosted, if i need more info on these cars before i purchase im going to come to you first :love::love:

·
whatttt?
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wat

·
Registered
3,340 Posts

This. If you get a car with a lower payment, you won't 'hopefully' have the money for a down payment, you COULD very well HAVE it flatout. You said it yourself, you've got plenty of time for cars down the line.

·
I don't like you
18,158 Posts
subaru ftw

·
whatttt?
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if i get an exhaust will it still have that boxer rumble the older wrx/sti had?

·
Yeah, it's that big
10,632 Posts
Car poor means you spend all your money on a car, and can't afford anything else. You rely on other people to cover your other expenses.

You're reaching too far at such a young age, and this is the type of thing that gets people into trouble. Bad decision. Imagine banking $700/mth for 3 years, then graduating.... you'd start out with $25k in the bank. That's worth a hell of a lot more than a car....

1 - 20 of 244 Posts