Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you taken them out to see what kind of bulbs are in there? It almost looks to me as though someone replaced them with LED's. I'm having the same issue right now with my cluster. I swapped out the clear OEM bulbs for pink LEDs, but because the LEDs are flat and have no glass dome to give off 360 degrees of lighting, you get those awful bright spots on your gauges.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bulbs say Toshiba V2 on them and don't appear to be leds. The bright spots are a concern but more confusing to me is the strange coloring. Part blue/light blue/white.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is really funky looking. My only other guess is that someone took the cluster apart and removed the orange film from the back of the gauges, and replaced it with something, not sure what, but something blue. And over time it got blotchy. Because as you can see, even though your mph has that blue coloration, your kmh is still the stock orange color.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the conclusion I have come to as well. I would take my gauges apart, and either scrape the blue off or replace the gauge face, But I don't want to mess with taking the needles off the gauges. I don't know how to properly recalibrate them again and haven't been able to find info online.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts