Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...

I'm wondering if I could get some help from you guys (and gals possibly). I'll be arriving at the Toronto Airport (not the island one) tomorrow at around 8:00am. I have to drive to Hamilton for a wedding around noonish. What would be the quickest and easiest way there? QEW or 401 to 407? I know some of your highways have tolls. Does the QEW? I couldn't get a direct flight into Hamilton FTL :thumbsdow. Thanks in advance!

Edit: spelling

·
I'm Chuck Bass
49,069 Posts
407 is the toll highway.

I'd recommend 401-QEW but some hamiltonians may have a different route :shady:

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
I avoid the 407 at all costs, emphasis on the cost, its a f'in rip off. 427 to the 403 is what I usually do.

BUT, since your objective is getting there fast, you may want to just take the 401->407 like Potsnu said. It will dump you right onto the QEW.

Where abouts in Hamilton are you headed?

·
Off That
236,573 Posts
I avoid the 407 at all costs, emphasis on the cost, its a f'in rip off. 427 to the 403 is what I usually do.

BUT, since your objective is getting there fast, you may want to just take the 401->407 like Potsnu said. It will dump you right onto the QEW.

Where abouts in Hamilton are you headed?
:thumbsup:

403 near the Ford plant is brutal, but at noon it shouldn't be too bad. If you're heading that way in the morning or later afternoon, take the 407.

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
Another thing to think of. If you are driving a rental car from the airport, make sure you let them know if you are going to go on the 407. I think some even allow you to pay a flat fee up front rather than some ridiculous extra charges after the fact.

·
Elite
7,105 Posts
the 407 is beyond RIPOFF. it was built by the taxpayer's money and then sold to a private company who charge excessive amounts of toll. technically the users are paying twice over. there was news that the gov't was haggling with the 407 owner with regards to tolls but i call :bsflag:.

anyway take the 427 south all the way to 401 west and then 403 west towards hamilton. tune into am 640 to check the traffic flowing west on the 403/QEW. if it's packed i suggest taking the south service road (immediately south of the QEW) all the way to kerr/dorval. continue on the highway after that. that section around trafalgar can be a bitch.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Our hotel is on Centennial Pkwy N. i was hoping that arriving at the airport by 8:00 would give me loooots of time to make it to Hamilton... I'll probably just take the 403 all of the way into Hamilton. Thanks for the heads up on am640. It will probably come in handy.

·
EH EH EH EH EH EH EH EH
8,170 Posts
427 South->401 West->403 West->QEW West. it'll take you approximately 1 hour to get out/rent a car, etc. so from 9am-12noon you have 3 hours. it should take you no more than 1.5 hour to get there and a 1.5 hour cushion.

·
1,248 Posts
uh.......hamilton is approx 30-45mins from the airport....

anddd......QEW? lmao..... good luck with that

no toll fastest route

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
uh.......hamilton is approx 30-45mins from the airport....

anddd......QEW? lmao..... good luck with that

no toll fastest route

Wrong way, hes' gotta turn onto the QEW, not stay on the 403.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya, google says 40 - 50 mins to get to Hamilton, but when I'm leaving the airport between 8:30 - 9:15 I figured rush hour would slow me down a lot. Also, I'd rather keep moving than bogged down in the "quickest route". When I googled the directions, they showed me the same route as VTEC Inside. I just wasn't sure how busy it was and as someone mentioned it gets really bad around the Ford place. Thanks for all of your input :thumbsup: and maybe I'll see someone on the road. :vtec:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts