Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Disc Golfers out there? I need some all weather mats LOL! PDGA #18258

Played Creve Coeur lake course in Saint Louis, MO today. The wind was ripping 40+MPH. Shot 5 down in random draw doubles adn lost the cash in a playoff :/:rolleyes:

·
Lick it or Flick it
5,263 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead.

Any members or new members play reguarly?

·
y u mad tho?
6,181 Posts
I played a lot until my daughter was born. Playing an 18 saturday to start off my buddies bachelor party LOL.

Ill get a pic of the discs I use. Primarily, im a innova guy. I enjoy the blizzard series.

usually throw a tee devil and katana. Ive nailed a guy in the face with my katana before LOL.

Ill use a couple discrafts, mainly the zombee

my favorite midrange disc is the buzzz though. you cant lose with that disc.

·
Lick it or Flick it
5,263 Posts
Katana is my number one go to for driver... also use a blizzard series in that disc or champion I cant remember. I had a Star Boss that I also liked but a buddy of mine threw it into the bed of a moving truck and they drove off with it :mad:

I've got a few Gateway discs that I like, especially the Saber. It's a long distance straight driver, if you like the katana you'd love that disc. My roommate would try to steal it from me all the time. It's the only driver I've ever played with that its flight pattern was so predictable that you could almost use it as a long distance mid range too.

·
Lick it or Flick it
5,263 Posts
I have to throw my drives side armed because I dislocated my shoulder in HS and sometimes when I try to muscle one out there traditional my shoulder will try and pop out. I find that I can throw it farther and straighter side armed better anyways. So I just stick to that method for my drives and have gotten used to playing ever hole from left of the basket :laughat:

·
Lick it or Flick it
5,263 Posts
My putter is a discraft soft banger-gt. The gf got it for me as a b-day or xmas present a few years ago and she didn't know what she was looking for or anything about discs so she asked the guy at the store for help. She told me that he basically forced her to buy that disc and said if I played with it and didn't like it she could bring it back and he would personally refund her the money out of his own pocket... he was right, and my handicap went down significantly once she got me that disc. It has an indention about an inch from the rim all the way around that your thumb rests on and idk if that's what causes it to play so much better or what, but it has significantly improved my putting. I had a gateway voodoo before that because I read and had heard such amazing things about gateways putters but it never worked well for me :dontknow:

Anyways here's the banger-gt (mines orange but I like the look of this black one):

For midrange I use a discraft comet (love that thing) or an innova roc. Cant ever go wrong with a roc

·
Super Moderator
430,521 Posts
so this is like a white people only type of sport, never heard of it till now when i clicked on this thread

·
Loves dc2kid like a rash.
206 Posts
Used to play all the time back in Minnesota, (7yrs ago). Played all over the that state, a bit in North Iowa, a lot in Western Wisconsin and a bit in South Dakota. Best/coolest course Ive played was in South Dakota the 1st time I ever played the sport.

I still keep my bag under the built in table in the back of the CR-V but hardly throw down here in Arizona. Courses are just so blah here, at least in the Southern part of the state.

Hope to get back in the game though.

·
Lick it or Flick it
5,263 Posts
I would have thought that Arizona would have some cool courses. You ever looked on disc golf reviews website and see if there are any high ranked ones near you, you don't know about?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts