Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to MIR this friday and ran twice....we had like 45 min between our runs so that was a bad ting, the tracak was really muggy(humidity) and frist time at the tracks. I ran a 15.8 and think it was b/c of the weather. my friend usually runs 14 flat with his stang, but now ran a 14.5 and a civic ran a 15.8 that usually gets a 15.1 mabye i'll do better next time.. any tips? all i have to say is that i know i can run better on a good day(no humidity) well best of luck to all other RSX's

·
Ex rsx vs all *********
5,329 Posts
MrMaNgOs99 said:
i went to MIR this friday and ran twice....we had like 45 min between our runs so that was a bad ting, the tracak was really muggy(humidity) and frist time at the tracks. I ran a 15.8 and think it was b/c of the weather. my friend usually runs 14 flat with his stang, but now ran a 14.5 and a civic ran a 15.8 that usually gets a 15.1 mabye i'll do better next time.. any tips? all i have to say is that i know i can run better on a good day(no humidity) well best of luck to all other RSX's
Sorry to hear about your bad times.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stock tire pressure. I think i can do much better with a better launch. and another thing, when i'm done with the 1/4 i've only been in 4th gear for like 1 sec. i finish the 1/4 in a roll basicly? i thought you would most likely be in the end of 4th?

G

·
MrMaNgOs99 said:
:laughing: better luck next time:laughing:

·
Registered
160 Posts
what was your trapspeed? i ran mine recently here at Florida and didnt do too good...i couldnt even break past 83mph for my trap speed...weather was hot

·
///elitist prick
48,951 Posts
MrMaNgOs99 said:
stock tire pressure. I think i can do much better with a better launch. and another thing, when i'm done with the 1/4 i've only been in 4th gear for like 1 sec. i finish the 1/4 in a roll basicly? i thought you would most likely be in the end of 4th?
you definitely want to drop the tire pressure in the front... it gives you a larger surface area to grip with.
and you should be shifting into 4th right near the end. i think 3rd gear redline is around 89 mph or so. shit, if you were at the end of 4th when you finish, you'd be hitting low 13's !!!!

like others have said... what were your trap speeds? and your 60 ft. times? knowing those numbers can make it easier to see what you are doing and offer advice. :)

G

·
It was probably the weather or something wrong caus a friend of mine did 15.8 last saturday in his hatch back Si Civic (EX for you americans).. hes got exhaust and intake, thats it ..

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my 60 ft was near 2.46, i know what did really wrong. my frend hd toldme to shift lke 3000 into redline, but after looking at dyno's i found out that my hp drops so if i shift at redline, and if i'm real close to the end of the track i will let the 3rd gear limitter hit, b/c if you think aobut it i'm basicly rolling over finish line. the weather was humid as shit!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.