Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DIY Blackouts with Lexus GS430 HID's (nights pics too)

I just finished up doing my diy blackouts along with retrofitting a set of Lexus GS430 HID's. I work at a lexus dealer and got the set for free from one of the techs. THe HID's were actually quite easy to make fit and took only slight modifications with a dremel. I would be willing to make a DIY guide if you guys are interested. I looked around on ebay and found that a set of GS HID's with bulbs run fairly cheap. Here are some pics, let me know what you guys think. :thumbsup:

Night pics now uploaded :thumbsup: :love:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Shot of from behind of the hid ballast and the bulb.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
shot from a little further back with a better look at the ballast and how it was mounted.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
close-up of ballast

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
close-up of the bulb housing and some of the modifications I had to make with the dremel.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
closeup of the houseing with the bulb in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
and finally a pic of my blackouts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
nice but idk if that ballast will fit when you put the lights back on the car.....you might have to relocate the ballast........ne ways great way to use free products.......lets get some pics installed once ur down.....thumbs up

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I plan to put the on tomorrow. I already looked at the car and there is a cutout beneith each lamp right where my ballast are mounted. I assumed the jdm hid are mounted on where I mounted my ballast and they left space for them on the car.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys! yea, hopefully they fit. I will definatly post up some pics of them installed tomorrow after I put them on.

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
red x o deatth deaaaath i tells ya

·
Banned
16,523 Posts
idriveanrsx said:
idk why you all can't see them........i can
Becase they probably worked at first, and when your browser shows an image, its saved in your temporary internet files, so reguardless of if the link is down or not your cache will show you the image.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Randeezle said:
Becase they probably worked at first, and when your browser shows an image, its saved in your temporary internet files, so reguardless of if the link is down or not your cache will show you the image.
oh i didn't know that.....thats good to know......well the pics aren't much......lol......just headlgihts and hid's..... :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts