Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Master Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys..i just put my boost gauge on and i just connected the red wire to actually see liight and im not reading any vacuum..where do i connect or tap into the vacuum..i cant seem to find where to connect the hose

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Is it a mechanical or electrical gauge?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
So did you already tap into a vac source, or did you just connect all power and color wires and not know where to go to find the source?

If you already t-tapped into a vac line, make sure you check all the connections for a leak to the sensor which you should or should have mounted somewhere in the engine bay. Then check all the wire connections to the sender unit. The prosport gauges are very touchy from my experience atleast. Make sure everything is plugged in fully to the back of the gauge ect.

·
Master Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i only connected the red wire to the fuse box and the black wire which is just neutral to just light up the gauge and the rest of the wires are just sitting here...i dont know where the vac line is found in the car..idk where to connect it so i can atleast read vac

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Well the plug with 4 wires is just for power and lighting. Red connect to a 12v constant which you said you did, and black to a good grounding spot. You'll need to connect your other two wires on that harness. If i remember right they were white and orange on mine, and determined the color night and day depending on how you connect them to the lights and acc.

The plug with 3 wires is for your boost/vac source. Run that bundle through the firewall and connect it to wherever you mounted or will mount your sending unit with the same color wires coming off of it. Connect the supplied hose to the bottom nipple of the sensor, then put the air filter somewhere along that line in a logical spot. Then (im not sure of your setup) but you'll want to t off a vac line on or around the intake manifold. There are lines on the left and right side.

·
Master Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh ok..thanks alot dude...2morrow when i get a chance after work im going to post up some pics of what i did so far and then i will go from there and for you to see that the red wire is in the fuse and the black wire is connected to a neutral spot and ill take some pics of it when i can tomorrow. For now, thanks alot man..and ill bump this thread so u can help me out some more tomorrow if you can

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
No problem dude, i'll keep an eye out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts