Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok this is my frist DIY but im hoping it will help some ppl and stop them from the monster that is the "Acura Dealership"

Tools/Parts
1. flathead screwdriver
2. Replacment bulbs Part #272-1092 from Radio Shack
3. about 20 min of free time

ok first thing you wanna do is remove the climate control panel by prying it out GENTLY with a flathead screw driver

step 2 is unplug it..

step 3 youre going to have to remove the circuit board from the actual control side of the panel IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO TOUCH A GOOD GROUND ON YOUR CAR OR AT LEAST THE HOOD OR DOOR...JUST GROUND YOURSELF TO REMOVE ANY STATIC ELECTRICITY BEFORE OPENING UP AND TOUCHING THAT CURCUIT BOARD

then...half turn counterclockwise to remove the socket and bulb

now..remove the old bulb from the socket by just undoing the wires that are ran through the actual socket and put the new bulb in the socket while threading the wires through and securing them back in the groove on the socket that will touch the circuit board

I forgot to take pics of the actual socket with and without the bulb but once you get them out you can see how easy it is to just run the wires of the new bulb in place of where the old ones were....everything is reverse order to put back in and everything should be fine!

here is a great link on the fog light sunroof etc switches and it shows you how to wire the bulb in
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=698226

·
Si-> Type S-> R Type-> MR
3,100 Posts
I would watch running the LEDs with out resistors. Check some of the older threads on this also the radio shack leds are notorious for poor quality.

GL though it just sucks to take it back apart when u loose one.

·
Registered
248 Posts
nice! wish i would of saw this yesturday! how much does those radio shack bulbs run? a replacement from honda was 9 bucks for that tiny christmas light bulb!:eek:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
nice! wish i would of saw this yesturday! how much does those radio shack bulbs run? a replacement from honda was 9 bucks for that tiny christmas light bulb!:eek:
They come in packs of 2 and theyre like $1.78 per pack?? around $2 anyways l but ya, the dealer near me said the same

I would watch running the LEDs with out resistors. Check some of the older threads on this also the radio shack leds are notorious for poor quality.

GL though it just sucks to take it back apart when u loose one.
The bulbs from Radioshack are just regular 12V incandescent bulbs not LED's so resistors are not required.

·
Registered
2 Posts
does anyone know the part number, honda, or radio shack, for the larger lights that backlight the rest of the climate control?

edit: I couldn't find the larger bulb at radio shack, however the honda part number is:
79670-SL0-A01 BULB, NEO-WEDGE (14V 100MA)

now to put the wife's dashboard back together.

·
U JELLY?
2,918 Posts
I need to do this half of my climate controls isnt working anymore. Just happen recently too :/

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
does anyone know the part number, honda, or radio shack, for the larger lights that backlight the rest of the climate control?

edit: I couldn't find the larger bulb at radio shack, however the honda part number is:
79670-SL0-A01 BULB, NEO-WEDGE (14V 100MA)

now to put the wife's dashboard back together.
So basically the bigger bulb is a 14volts 100ma bulb just like the other ones? Radio shack should have them too...

·
Registered
2 Posts
yep, from honda it already comes mounted in the little socket for a little over $5. I did not find the larger at my local radio shack, not to say they don't stock them elsewhere. I believe the smaller one was rated 12v 60ma at radio shack.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
yep, from honda it already comes mounted in the little socket for a little over $5. I did not find the larger at my local radio shack, not to say they don't stock them elsewhere. I believe the smaller one was rated 12v 60ma at radio shack.
Yep, the smaller ones they sell at radio shack for 2$ for 2. the big one though i had to pay the 5$ for one from the dealer... sucks, but at least i got it fixed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The lights on my AC and Defrosting buttons don't light up anymore. Will those Radioshack bulbs work as a replacement?

·
Registered
192 Posts
The lights on my AC and Defrosting buttons don't light up anymore. Will those Radioshack bulbs work as a replacement?
Yes they will but only for the button lights. There are the 2 other bulbs in the pic above (the white socket) u can only buy at the dealership for $7. Just got mine done today

·
02 blue type-s
312 Posts
PLEASE READ *tips for replacing bulbs*

Wow-I just did my AC bulb (80629-s04-003) and it came with a lil yellow rubber light cover so I removed that. A few tips-pulling that console out was a BITCH. Only 3 body clips but jesus they are tight. Important note about the wiring harness-I just about killed myself trying to disconnect it because theres not enough slack in the wire harness to SEE how the connector is activated. You PUSH the center top of the wiring harness down-there is a button there that lets you release the harness. That and (as I fu**ing figured) I got mine all back together and NOW the defrost button light is broken. I shouldnt have been a cheap ass and just bought all three new lights as long as I had it apart. Now I have to order another light and start all over.

PS be careful with the circuit board screws...I friggin dropped mine and had to remove my drivers seat to get it.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts