Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share a pic. of my finished DIY Door Sills, they took only about 30-45min. to do, a nice and simple mod.

Attachments

·
1 of 1
5,669 Posts
Heres the real thing.

Costs 69.95 for the pair which isnt that bad for authetic jdm shit.

The authentic Titanium 6 speed JDM shift knob costs 239.99

The regular JDM Type R knob costs 50....maybe the titanium one is made outa real titanium?

N e wayz nice diy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Door Sills

Of course the real thing is nice but way too much for a door sill that see daily usage. Thanks I will post more pics tommorow when its on the car.

·
Registered
193 Posts
nice.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I took off the door pannels and then used a credit card to slowly and geontly pry off the "RSX" plates on both. Then you use sticker remover or adhesive remover to get the sticky stuff off.

I work at a vinyl shop ~ sign store so I cut "Integara" out in black vinyl the correct size and font.

Then I turned the "RSX" plates over and stuck the Integra decal on. The other side is completly smooth and clean.

Then I bought Satin Clear Coat and sprayed the plates to give them a nice gloss.

That's pretty much it, it saves $45, that's how much they're going for on Ebay.

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
:laughing: :laughing: I like that DIY, though the font would make it alot better, it looks like an Integra iS doorsill ;) nice work!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, when designing these I had the IS in mind for these door sills.

Reason being is that I own a base therefore making it look like or be a "Type R" would just be extremely wrong.

They don't make Eternal Blue in an Type R let alone a Type S.

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
Nice reasoning, now if you said ' making it type r would get me flamed for all reasons ' then i'd have no comment.. hehe :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
For anyone whose intersted, I can make you these decals...

I'd be willing to sell these decals to anyone whose intersted in them, it'd be 4 of them, in whatever color you'd like as long as it's in stock.

You'd get 4 of them, so that if you mess up applying 2 of them, you can try again.

The cost would be $7.75 shipped. It's that price because that's the cost for the vinyl.

Just PM me if your instersted and I'll accept PayPal for payment.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Someone requested an installed pic. of these so here they are.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I created the font from the real sills pretty much just outlined it and used special software and a vinyl plotter to cut it.

·
ATLP Laboratory!
5,985 Posts
Heres mine..These are the REAL JDM ones you Fakers.

I think the only difference is the spacing of the letters..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts