Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, so since every other post in here is like "I cant take my bumper off” or “it took me 2 hours to take my bumper off” I decided to do this nice little DIY while I was throwing on my CAI.

Supplies :

Phillips Head Screwdriver
Flat Head Screwdriver

Step One:

Open the hood, and using the flat head screwdriver, pop out the middle section of the 6 pins circled. Put the flat head in the groove that is on the pin, and lift. Then pull the female portion of the pin out of the bumper.

Step Two:

Time to get on the ground. Look under the left head light on the bottom of the bumper, and you should see 2 phillips head screws. Using the Phillips head screw driver, unscrew them. Make sure it is rather short, to give you some room to maneuver. There are 4 total, and the other 2 are opposite of the ones on the left, under the right head light.

Step Three:

After those, Grab the flat head again, and pop the 4 push pins out from underneath the bumper.

Step Four:

Wheel well. A Vertical Phillips head screw driver is in the bumper connecting it to the fender. Unscrew that, and the one in the opposite wheel well. Next, grab the flat head again, and pop the 2 pins that are directly underneath the screw on the bottom of the bumper.

This should be all the connections that the bumper has to the rest of the car.

Step Five:

Pull on the bumper in the wheel well, letting it pop out. Next move under the headlight, and pop that section out. Do this on both sides.

Should look like this when your done.

Step Six:

Your bumper now is ready to be set onto the ground. You can cover the ground if you would like, and gentley set it on the ground, working it around the hood pin.

Step Seven:

Fog light wires are next, if you have them.

Pull them in a downward motion to remove them. May require some force.

You are done, and you have access to everything you need for CAI, and other fun mods.

comments welcome

Happy modding

-- Chad

·
:lurk:
1,612 Posts
This might be a stupid noob question, but if you have a front license plate, do I need to remove that first? Or does it stay attached to the front bumper when you remove it. Just want to make sure there's not some long bolt or something that's attached to the frame.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
it stays attached to the bumper. + rep for you, finally someone jumped on making a DIY for those who dont know how to take off their bumper. (i'm not one of them)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys, i figured it would be useful since everyone trying to put CAI's and the sort always ask how to do front bumper removals..

yes, the tag comes off with the bumper

thanks for the comments, repped back :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
hey quick ques.. on the pic where your just pulling out the bumper by the wheel on the left side.. it looks like you repaired where u put the screw in and is black... did you break off that tab origanlly? or did it come like that?? if you did repair it what did you use? bc i broke mine and dont know what the hell to use to fix it.. thnks!!

·
Car Is Sold!
6,315 Posts
Nice write up. Man you've scrubbed the bottom of your bumper a few times.. hehehehe

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey quick ques.. on the pic where your just pulling out the bumper by the wheel on the left side.. it looks like you repaired where u put the screw in and is black... did you break off that tab origanlly? or did it come like that?? if you did repair it what did you use? bc i broke mine and dont know what the hell to use to fix it.. thnks!!

is this the picture you are talking about? it came like that, because if you notice in the picture of the right side of the bumper, it looks the same. let me know if this isnt the right picture.. pm me or something

Nice write up. Man you've scrubbed the bottom of your bumper a few times.. hehehehe
yea, i bought it used. I got about 800 dollars taken off of the total price because of it too.. just haven't had time to buy the aspec lip.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nice write up... and +rep for a fellow Gator ;)

Reactions: floridarsxts7

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have to repaint my front bumper, because I'm an idiot and ran off the road and scratched it all up. so can anyone tell me how much thinner or what else to use. I'm painting it my self. I've got all the paint just need to know how to mix everything. how many coats and clear coat and all that kind of stuff. or just send me to another forum on how to do this. thanks

·
Registered
457 Posts
write one for installing the cai , plzzz .This was so much helpp , awesomeeee :) just need help with removing that stock airbox and the whole batery and cuting thing ........lol i was just wondering ....thanks alot with this write up again..

1 - 20 of 121 Posts