Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I tried this DIY project but no success. According to my gauge I'm only getting 15psi through the fuel rail. What could be wrong?

The new (blue color) bulkhead fitting is your feed line?
The stock feed fitting on the fuel cage becomes your return line?

I took out the stock fpr completely, is this correct? The 'L' shaped fitting at the bottom of the cage I connected to where the stock feed goes like in the picture.

I fed from the new bulkhead fitting into the banjo fitting of an AEM fuel rail then drivers side out into the Aeromotive fpr. Getting very low fuel pressure. Any ideas? Thx in advance. The inline fuel filter is correct, not backwards.
Is your FPR adjusted properly? Otherwise I agree "probably a leak".
Post a pic maybe someone else can see something you missed. Happens to me all the time

·
Registered
183 Posts
you have a leak at the pump then. you use the bulkhead fitting as your actual new feed and the stock feed as the return. I blocked one side of the stock feed off and the other side fed back into the L on the pump cage. So that way your pump never runs dry in high load/G load situations.
There's no leak at the fuel pump. I fed through the barb where the stock fuel pump goes in the cage and it works, 50 psi.

I blocked off the stock fpr and now I can adjust the Aeromotive fpr up to 58 psi.

So I'm using the new bulkhead fitting as the return now but this dosen't make sense why I can't feed to the new bulkhead fitting. When I tried feeding through the new bulkhead, only 15-20 psi and can't adjust the fpr.

Won't be able to take pics though until after winter.

·
Registered
61,558 Posts
Acura sells the fuel pump assembly as a whole and its 242 on acuraoemparts.

probably best to try and find someone thats parting out a car

·
Registered
183 Posts

what do you guys call the whole white part on top? I got that part cracked and gas leaked out but I couldnt find the replacement itself.
it's the fuel filter assembly. if you have a local scrapyard you can get parts out of, they're also in most 2001+ honda civics.
it you can't get it, i might be able to but it would be awhile.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I want to add, do not buy a BDL fuel rail if you are intending to use ID injectors. You can make it work (we were forced to hack up the rail and the intake manifold some) but ideally you can get a powerrevracing, golden eagle, etc. If you already have the BDL, try to sell it or be prepared to grind it and the intake manifold bosses away some.
How would those injectors fit with a aem composite rail or ktuned rail and rbc or skunk2 intake manifold??

·
61 ci now
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
updated the broken image links. I'll do my best to answer any questions. It's been a LONG time since I've had the car though haha

141 - 153 of 153 Posts