Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

681 - 700 of 738 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Need help with my 04 type S, I tried this reset but at the point when the light is suppose to blink twice and go away, mine only blinks once and stays on.

What does that mean?

I believe my airbags have been previously deployed before I owned the car, not sure if all components were replaced properly.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I did this and it worked.. my light was off for about 3 months but it came back on couple days ago.. I will do it again but im wondering why it came back on..

·
OhNO Grand Ma Just PassMe
202 Posts
Quick Read DIY without pictures:
1. connect clip to yellow clip, turn key to position II
2. wait for the light to go off and remove the paper clip/wire.
3. As soon as the light turns back on, quickly connect the circuit again.
4. The light should turn back off. Remove the paperclip/wire again.
5. The light will wait a second or two before it tells you the follow word.
6. Final word is, 2 quick flashes and SRS light turns off completely.
6-A. two quick flashes and the light remains, you may be too slow or you have a short in your SRS somewhere.
7. turn off ignition and put back the clip.

Congratulations, you have successfully reset your SRS light.

[.
I use the 2 long wire method. People forgot step 6... After you get 2 quick flashes and the SRS light turns off. Immediately turn off the ignition and take the key out. Put the yellow clip back to the fuse slot. Now put the key in and turn to ignition... You will see the SRS turn off like normal operation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ok my problem...i changed my seats, srs light came on after restart. when i went to try and reset srs light, the srs plug had already been unplugged. So you guys have any idea what the previous owner did to turn srs light off?
Srs reset didn't work by the way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK i see that once you deploy the srs lamp cant be reset by crossing the pins, i had a deer ding my R/S door on my 03 type S ive already replaced the airbag on my seat which was the only one that deployed. I noticed my light didnt reset so i checked it with my Snap on Eqius and i says that The SRS module needs replacing. Is that something that really cant be reset, if not what else normally needs replacing to get that light to turn off. Wouldnt really worry about it but i just took it to get inspected and got a ghostbuster (Rejection) insead

·
Registered
1 Posts
2001 Acura CL - SRS Light wont turn off

Hi- i have a 2001 Acura CL Type S which im trying to sell. I was told due to the SRS light on it wouldnt pass the safety certificate. (I'm in canada so no warranty). Ive read a bunch of forums on the topic. Mechanic tells me code is 9-3 which is drivers seat belt buckle switch. But the seatbelt light always goes off when i clip my belt in and is on when belt is not clipped in. They charged me $200 to do a 'scan' Said it was some big elaborate process. I'm only selling my car for $1700 and have already had to put $700 in repairs. Is there any way the code could be wrong? I tried to open the seatbelt buckle head with a T-10h to clean the switch but it doesnt even seem to engage to the screw. This is the screw tip i was told to use. Im just about to try a reset with two steel wires. Someone once said this could also be a faulty ground cable for my battery? Any ideas ? Sorry im not very mechanical and im running out of money.

681 - 700 of 738 Posts